DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Godfather
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
paulman182 said:
Yes, and I hope it is a trend that they do not continue. Series TV does not interest me.
:) The only reason I get HBO and Showtime is the original series they offer which is some of the best programming on television. Different strokes.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I'm looking forward to sampling it, but I will quickly bail if

(a) it's not very good or
(b) it's too confusing. I have a lot on my plate and don't want another show where I have to work too hard.

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Drew2k said:
Perhaps this should be in the TV Talk forum?

I had to look it up to get some info on it, as I can truly say I've not heard of this before.

http://www.starz.com/originals/crash

By the way, Starz web site shows they do have other "originals" ...
Sorry, I thought I remembered the promos saying it was their first original series.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
At this point I am moving this to the TV Show Talk forum, as it will be airing on Starz very soon.

I watched the 101HD airing and first of all the audio was horrible. The center channel was mapped to all five channels creating all sorts of phasing problems. Turning Dolby off fixed that temporarily.

My simple question to the makers of this program: Did you even watch the film on which it is based? That film was so human, so relatable, so multidimensional, and so full of rich characterizations that it makes me wonder.

I don't wish to add spoilers to this review, although if it would serve to keep even one person from wasting his time with this piece of dreck perhaps I should. I'll simply say that Dennis Hopper pulls bits from his performances in Easy Rider, Blue Velvet, and Speed to produce an incomprehensible mess. The other characters are uniformly unlikeable, there is remarkably little attempt to fit them together, and I can not imagine spending one more minute even reviewing this show, never mind watching it.

Watch at your own peril. Oh, one more thing for those who presume that just because this is on a premium channel, there will be nudity... sorry folks even that didn't measure up.

· Registered
14,213 Posts
paulman182 said:
Sorry, I thought I remembered the promos saying it was their first original series.
No apology necessary! The Starz promo department may not even know what the web site says! :p

As for me, I didn't even catch that this was a preview on 101HD!!! (shame on me!)

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Stuart -

I'm assuming that the 101 showing was just the one episode, is that right?

It's always a warning sign to me that the first episode and second episode are scheduled back-to-back as they are on Starz. Frequently it means that the first episode isn't very good and they think episode 2 somehow saves it enough to get viewers back.

But because they showed it on 101, it might just mean they wanted to keep all who watched that from having to wait too long by offering the second episode this soon.

Anyway, I'm recording both episodes for a "maybe" for season shifting.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
As far as I know, the 101 is not planning on showing any additional episodes. Honestly, after I saw the first one I wasn't so interested in looking.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
I'd say don't watch the movie, it's far better and will raise your expectations for the show. That being said, there are no common characters or even common plotlines.

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
I'd say don't watch the movie, it's far better and will raise your expectations for the show. That being said, there are no common characters or even common plotlines.
Good grief. Is the only common thing the title?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.