DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime in the third quarter tonight the Steelers-Browns game on 95 stopped recording. The picture froze and then it stopped. When I checked the guide I noticed that it no longer had the game listed but something like "upcoming title unavailable." So my guess is that the Hr 20 no longer saw the scheduled program on the guide and so stopped recording it. But my Hr-10 kept recording the game, presumably because the information on the guide didn't change. Why in the heck would the HR 20 get erroneous information on the guide but not the Hr 10?

· Registered
2,059 Posts
Same thing happened to me, although I didn't notice it at the time. The recording ended at 2 hours and 23 minutes.

· Hall Of Fame
13,446 Posts
I was watching the game on my H20, and it screwed up at the same time. The screen went black for a second, then the channel banner came on and the video came back. The guide just showed nothing on 95 where the game was. After a few minutes, the guide showed the correct information.

Either way, the game was terrible.

· AllStar
101 Posts
gpg said:
Same thing happened to me, although I didn't notice it at the time. The recording ended at 2 hours and 23 minutes.
I was not recording the game, but I was watching it, and at 10:00pm when my H20 started to record on the other tuner, channel 95 went black, and then displayed MSNBC with no sound but was still tuned to ch 95. So I switched off of Ch 95 and then tried to switch back, but was unable to for the next 20 minutes until I stopped the recording on the other tuner. In my case, I believe its due to a weak connection on the other tuner which I'm having looked at, but you might want to check your signal strength on both tuners, as if its like mine, one is good and one is poor.

· Registered
2,059 Posts
No, the signal strength on both my tuners is fine. I had no trouble watching the live feed (except the pain I suffered as a Browns fan). Maybe the HR20 dropped then recording out of mercy for me.

· Legend
216 Posts
shendley said:
Sometime in the third quarter tonight the Steelers-Browns game on 95 stopped recording. The picture froze and then it stopped. When I checked the guide I noticed that it no longer had the game listed but something like "upcoming title unavailable." So my guess is that the Hr 20 no longer saw the scheduled program on the guide and so stopped recording it. But my Hr-10 kept recording the game, presumably because the information on the guide didn't change. Why in the heck would the HR 20 get erroneous information on the guide but not the Hr 10?
Steeler fan here who had the same thing happen. Glad I had it recording on my Directivo at the same time, that never pulls these sorts of tricks. And no Steeler fan wants to miss watching the Browns get destroyed!

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
shendley said:
Why in the heck would the HR 20 get erroneous information on the guide but not the Hr 10?
Because the HR20 processes guide "nearly" as soon as it gets it.
The HR10 processes it during it "housecleaning" periods.

· DBSTalk Club Member
251 Posts
shendley said:
I saw this too, and despite using the other tuner for two hours (8pm to 10pm on NBC), I restarted recording the football game and ended up with:

1) A recording that started at 8pm and had a duration of 2:24 (which is accurate to when the freeze occurred)
2) A recording that started at 9:19 and had all the duration up through about 10:30 when I checked it (and shortly after the 2:24 freeze you mention in the third quarter).

Very odd, as that would imply that I had three tuners, basically, or file overlap or something: 8:00 to 10:00 on one tuner, and then 8:00 to 10:24 on the second while also having 9:19 to 11:30-ish on the same.

Very odd.

The NBC shows from 8 to 10 played back fine last night. I deleted the football game pieces after I was done watching them.

· Cool Member
16 Posts
Jeremy W said:
I was watching the game on my H20, and it screwed up at the same time. The screen went black for a second, then the channel banner came on and the video came back. The guide just showed nothing on 95 where the game was. After a few minutes, the guide showed the correct information.

Either way, the game was terrible.
It was only terrible if you are a Browns Fan. Willie Parker broke the single game rushing record last night. Steelers ran up over 500yds of offense.

· Mentor
44 Posts
Interesting... I recorded it as I watched it, and the other tuner "should've" recorded CSI at 10pm. I'll have to check it out when I get home. I didn't notice a freeze though... although I suppose it could've occured while I was away from the TV.

Off topic I know but... had the Steelers not gotten blitzed by Baltimore, they would still be in this thing. Oh well... if they win out this year (while playing spoiler to the Bengals) at least they can carry the momentum into next year w/o any motorcyle accidents, apendectomies, concussions... etc. :)

· Hall Of Fame
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Because the HR20 processes guide "nearly" as soon as it gets it.
The HR10 processes it during it "housecleaning" periods.
Okay, that makes sense. So I guess the problem is really with the guide information DTV sends for ch. 95 which is frequently off.

· Hall Of Fame
13,446 Posts
shendley said:
How can a game be terrible when the Steelers gain over 300 yards on the ground?
When you hate the Steelers like I do, any game where they win is terrible. And it's not like they were even playing amazingly well, the Cleveland Clowns just suck.

· Godfather
439 Posts
I had a bunch of issues watching this game and using the trick play functions. Most of them were on KDKA's local HD feed, but ch. 95 was not responding that well either. I reset the receiver after the game and everything seemed to be better. I had a feeling there would be an issue because the receiver just seemed like it was moving slower than normal yesterday before the game even came on.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.