DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Godfather
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here we are about to start another year of College football and we're still waiting and grumbling about why Dish can't get its contracts department to work out a deal that allows the HD feed to be provided to us customers.

I'm sure that many of you, like myself, have filled their complaint/request basket full of irate messages trying to get some movement on this issue..

Will we go through another season without the HD feed?:(:rolleyes::confused::nono2:

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
I'm pretty sure ESPNU HD will appear when Dish finalizes their new contract with Disney for their carriage.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
RasputinAXP said:
I'm pretty sure ESPNU HD will appear when Dish finalizes their new contract with Disney for their carriage.
Agreed.

Dish missed the launch window for ESPNUHD years ago. Who knows exactly why. For that matter, DirecTV didn't carry ESPNUHD for about a year after it launched if memory serves correctly, but obviously they have had it for a while now.

Once the Dish/Disney problem over those HD feeds (ESPNNews, ABC Family, Disney, and Disney XD) surfaced and Dish lost those feeds... it became obvious that ESPNUHD was a pipe dream until that got settled.

No pressure to settle that until the other Dish/Disney contract expires... at which time I expect Disney to want "all or nothing" for their channels... and since I don't see Dish losing all the other feeds too... I think we can expect that whenever the new deal is done, we will get back those feeds we lost + finally ESPNUHD.

I don't know when that will happen though.

·
Godfather
424 Posts
+1 for ESPNU HD, along with Disney, ESPN News & ABC Family........all channels that my local cable has in HD, but Dish doesn't

Seriously thinking about changing over

·
AllStar
57 Posts
+1 for all the Disney-owned properties in HD. I for one would be willing to pay extra for it. A poster mentioned (in the other Disney/ESPN/ABC HD dispute thread) that a Dish CSR had told them that a deal was in the works. Supposedly towards the end of July. But now it's end of August, and still no new information.

I'm not the world's biggest sports fan, but the new college football season is upon us, and basketball's not far behind. It would be really nice to have ESPNU in HD. Also, I just watched the new Phineas and Ferb movie on Disney XD. Sure would have been nice to see it in HD, as it was intended. It's been a year since this dispute began. I'd really like to see some resolution.

914 Posts
sheltrk,

I don't have any new information that I can provide you about the Disney/ESPN U HD feeds. I know it has been a while since the contract negotiations began and I apologize for this inconvenience. When new information is available, I will update the thread. I will submit a request for the HD feeds to our programming department for you. Thanks.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
Not going to help. Won't be seeing this till the Disney crud is resolved.

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Ray [email protected] Network said:
Mark Martin,

I have submitted a request form for you also. We just added MLB Network to our channel lineup so I would like to see ESPN U in HD too.
Thanks Ray. I appreciate your effort and know these decisions are out of your hands. I was a 10 year DTV user and I like Dish but there is little doubt that DTV has a huge advantage over Dish in two areas, sports coverage and HD locals. What is not mentioned here is that DTV customers can watch the Big Ten network from anywhere in the country plus the ESPN U and ESPN News HD issues.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.