DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and having issues losing recorded shows.

When will the next PUSHED upgrade be scheduled??

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
They are trying to get it ready as soon as they can, but as of right now.
No scheduled time frame

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's got me confused is that after the first six or seven upgrades, which came semi-regularly and were progressively addressing issues, now, with the last three, it's going in fits and starts, with options for beta upgrades, or just no upgrade. The last full push was 0xFA, right?, and now there have been 3 partials since.

Is this going to be the way it's going to go from now on? It give me the impression of even less clarity from Direct in so far as this box is concerned.

I think Direct should announce what they are up to, on their web site, or find a way to communicate through the HR20, what's going on...

which leads me to a wish list that may not be on the current one:

Messages - my Tivo boxes consistently deliver messages regarding issues that Tivo needed to communicate. Why not these?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
1) This "window" push is something new... and won't be a regular occurance.
2) Staggard releases, are not new... but seeing the release notes, and knowing that "someone" out there has it is new...
3) 0xFA was the last national release version.... There is a reason why 0x104 and 0x108 where released, then stopped.. and now it is 0x10b be for they push it out to 10,000's of boxes, they need to make sure it is ready to be pushed to that many customers.

The mail communications...
The TiVo box did have a "handfull" of messages over the 6 or so years.
But it is not like it gave you a daily or even monthly message of what was going on.

And the only time you got a message about an upgraded, is when it was one of the significant ones (like going to 3.x or 6.x)

In general.. the "messaging" system inside the DirecTV receivers is not used anywhere near as much as it was 5 years ago..

Hopefully yes, that there will be more "offiical" information on DirecTV.com in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.