DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
AllStar
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a month now since I payed my $99 for my HR10-250 to HR20 upgrade. The install was missed (after I stayed home from work) because they were out of HR20s.

When I call DirecTV, they no nothing about when I will get my HR20 (next week, next month, next year) they really have no idea. The local Ironwood installer also knows nothing. Customer retention started a three way call with Ironwood and guess what ... They know nothing. But, DirecTV was very nice at the end of the call and asked me if "there was anything else they could help me with". This made me quite mad, as they have yet to "help" me at all.

Anyway, I'm fed up with it. It's one thing to have a shortage, but it's a different thing to make people stay home from work thinking an installer will show up. There is also no excuse for still not having any clue when I will get my HR20. The best I can do is buy one for $299, but they wont agree to any type of rebate so I really want the one I already payed them $99 for.

I have even tried talking them into just sending me the AT-9, Zinewell multi-switch, and the HR20, but they wont hear of that, as they would rather waste their money on an installer that wouldn't do the job as well as I would.

I'm pretty seriously thinking about switching over to Dish with a vip622. Any thoughts on that unit ? How does it compare to an HR20 ?

I have been a DirecTV customer since the first month in which they offered their service, but this is the first time I have been treated like this, and it may be time to give someone else a try.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
bigviking said:
I have even tried talking them into just sending me the AT-9, Zinewell multi-switch, and the HR20, but they wont hear of that, as they would rather waste their money on an installer that wouldn't do the job as well as I would.
Just a thought, if you don't mind paying and REALLY want it...buy the dish here:
Dish

...And buying the HR20 online at BB or CC.

But I agree...you deserve the one you payed $99 for.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.