DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· AllStar
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and found no related threads.

It appears that my new 622 is no longer recording the full amount of hours it used to.

When I first got it, I believe I had 30 hours HD and 130 SD.

Now, I look in my recordings and see I have about 12 hours of HD recorded but only 2 hours HD available??? I see I have about 24 hours of SD recorded and only 14 hours available???

I must be missing something, right?

Please help.

I have Dish coming out today to repoint the Dish 1000 due to poor signal on 129 and picture breaking up on HD. They are also set to swap out the 622 due to it not maintaining signal on one of the OTA channels (that comes thru perrfectly as fed directly to my HDTV). Maybe the storage capacity is a problem with this 622?

Thanks.

· Godfather
260 Posts
The hours of availability showing for the hard drive is an either/or, not both. So, when it is empty, you can record either 30 hrs of HD or about 200 hrs of SD or some combination of the two.

After you record, lets say, a one hour HD program, your availability for both HD & SD will drop. It would show something like 29 hrs HD/ 193 SD.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Yep... You start with 30 HD or 200 SD available...

If you have recorded 12 HD and 24 SD... lemme crunch a little... all programs are not created equally, but this *could* leave you with around 15 HD and 126 SD available.

Now... the above is a guess of course... but your available (2 HD or 14 SD) only makes sense if you have some other stuff recorded that you aren't counting. Are you sure you don't have a few other things recorded?

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
Also remember.. the 30 hours is a estimated amount and in the past it has been an aggressive estimate. The actually amount all depends on the content that you are recording.

Should it be 50%? Don't think so.. But if you are recording all OTA it might be. Never actually looked or calculate how much I get on the average. Perhaps an exercise for the weekend. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.