DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Sunday night, I had a strange issue occur with my 722K. We had set to record both The Walking Dead and some cooking show. My son was watching a PAC12 B-Ball game. When it came time for The Walking Dead was to start - it came up with the message to cancel or not. He said no (I did not see this, but he has used the DVR much more than I even and so I have to assume he did this correctly). However, when we went to watch the episode - it shows up in the list as the right one (Triggerfinger) and when we went to watch it - lo and behold it was the Basketball game! I asked what he did and he said he responded with "no" to the cancel prompt. However, he also said he kept watching the game. My thought is that this should not have happened - it should have switched channels to AMC. However, I also do not think that it should list the episode, if it didn't really switch and record it. Has anyone else seen this? I am concerned that we may lose other episodes when the DVR does not switch channels when it should... By the way - the cooking show did record. And the Tuner was tuner 1 for The Walking Dead...

· Icon
837 Posts
Strange. Did the DVR entry list "The Walking Dead?"

If he switched to the game (on a SAT channel) while recording TCM and the Cooking Channel, it should have prompted him, and if he said no, it wouldn't have switched to the game. If he answered yes, then it would have stopped the recording completely and switched to the game. If the game was on an OTA channel, it wouldn't have prompted and would have switched to the game while TCM continues to record in the background.

Possibilities: 1) There is some sort of new glitch in the 722K, 2) Your son accidentally selected "yes" or 3) Your son really wanted to watch the game even though there was a recording in progress.

If it is #1, I would make sure your dish is properly grounded or do the same for your son if it is #3 ;)

Disclaimer: Yes, I know that an improperly grounded dish would not cause this issue.

· AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes there was an entry for The Walking Dead - and when you play it - it is the game. The meta-data for the episode all appears to be correct, the right episode name, date, etc. However, when you play it, it is a completely different channel showing the game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.