DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
There are a few posts on the DirecTV forum about a white guide.
Several have said that a reset of the receiver usually cures the problem.
Some said it did not work for them.
it is worth a try and you will not lose any settings or recordings by resetting the receiver with the red button next to the smart card.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
it just a software glitch. resetting the receiver will bring the guide back to normal.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
spartanstew said:
Or preferably by using the reset feature in the menu.
I personally do a reset using the software method when I feel the receiver needs it. I compare this to doing a shut down / restart of a PC vs pressing the power button and then pressing it again to restart the PC.

When I posted that a few times on the DirecTV forum a couple of the techs over there jumped on my post and told me to never do that. When I questioned them about the reasoning for that they said that too many people choose the wrong option and lost their settings and recordings and to tell them to press the red button.

If the software reset choice is the accepted method here I can post that here without a problem.

Thanks

·
Cool Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spartanstew said:
The real anomaly is that your lowboy has no legs.
I actually mounted it to the wall...:)

Well it looks like the problem is just a glitch...after software reset it went away. However, when I exit a program from on-demand it usually comes back. I guess I'll just live with it, no big deal...

Thanks all...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.