DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Legend
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one had any problems installing kaku3 with HR-22 100?It seems that i can't get a good enough signal for 99 and 103 to go through the installation verification.I've swapped out lnb's ,bbc converters, receivers,and cables(my last 3 HR22 100 installs,including an apartment install in which everything was brand new).Switching the kaku3 to swm 3 seems to fix it though.I also have found out when you switch to a swm 3 you have to re peak the dish again,as you get a higher signal then a kaku3.I've never been asked to get a waiver till my last 3 HD Dvr installs.We've got other techs with the same problem.I wonder if it's a software issue with the HD Dvr?.

· Godfather
452 Posts
Telstar12 said:
Has any one had any problems installing kaku3 with HR-22 100?It seems that i can't get a good enough signal for 99 and 103 to go through the installation verification.I've swapped out lnb's ,bbc converters, receivers,and cables(my last 3 HR22 100 installs,including an apartment install in which everything was brand new).Switching the kaku3 to swm 3 seems to fix it though.I also have found out when you switch to a swm 3 you have to re peak the dish again,as you get a higher signal then a kaku3.I've never been asked to get a waiver till my last 3 HD Dvr installs.We've got other techs with the same problem.I wonder if it's a software issue with the HD Dvr?.
Could be the software. Forcing a download beforehand or not?
It could also be a bad batch of LNB's. Had that happen before with some of the Zinwell lnbs (8 of 12 bad) a few months ago.
Also what kind of signal range are you getting on the 99 and 103?

· Registered
8,035 Posts
Your local trainer should have given you the information about the issue from the Jan 19 Tech Bulletin.

· Godfather
452 Posts
Telstar12 said:
Which is???
Basically says to temporarily add either a 10db attenuator (swm and not-swm) or 50ft of coax coil (non swm) or extra 8way inline (swm) to the line(s) going to the DVR if it fails the 101 - just long enough to get it activated.
Doesn't say much of anything about 99/103 failing though. Only affects the **-100 DVR's too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.