DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steinbrenner will probably bail him out again......*sigh*

Darryl Strawberry was sentenced to 18 months in prison Monday for violating his probation on a 1999 conviction on drug and solicitation of prostitution charges.

Dressed in an orange jail-issued uniform, the 40-year-old former major league slugger said his "life is going in the right direction." He had been held at the Hillsborough County Jail since March awaiting sentencing.

"I would just like to get this behind me. I would like to do my 18 months and move on," Strawberry said. "I don't want to have this over my head."

He smiled slightly when Retired Judge Ralph Steinberg said he hopes Strawberry will return to baseball one day.

Strawberry's Full Story

·
Icon
715 Posts
Man! I love the boy! Been watching him since the Tidewater days. He's made a lot of mistakes. Won't good behavior get him out before 18 months? Maybe then if he's okay then Steinbrenner can hire him. Just a big waste of talent. He kicked butt at AAA when Davey was the manager.

·
Icon/Supporter
873 Posts
I feel kind of bad for the guy. He came to Champs at the mall near me one day about 3 years ago to sign autographs for free. He signed everything that we asked him to, and we had alot of stuff but he was cool about it. Plus, the line was long and he stayed till everyone had their turn. All Yankees fans loved him, especially after his memorable 3-HR game a few seasons back. He was just a guy that had some tough times and I hope he returns to the MLB one day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.