DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· DBSTalk Club Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a bit of weirdness that seemed to start during the update last night. After getting the update, the HR20 rebooted normally and then started to acquire satellite signal. it was late and I went to bed. I woke up to find that it had been stuck on 97% all night. I rebooted a few times this morning and usually I had the same experience.

It did boot up once and I was able to verify that I did get the update last night but it locked up within 5 minutes.

One curious note..... on occassion I've seen "searching for satellite signal" when it is acquring the satellite info. Sometimes the message is brief and it starts climbing again, other times I have to unplug the input wires on the back and plug them back in (don't ask me why but it seemed to help).

any ideas?

· DBSTalk Club Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HDTVsportsfan said:
Possibly a dumb question.
Was this happening before you did the update?
Nope... this all seemed to start last night. It was a professional install and these wires and this connection had been stable before this. My other boxes have been fine.

I had some trouble getting the update last night so I'm hoping that is the reasn for this. I was, just now, able to get to the "acquring guide" screen so I'm hoping that I'll be good after this.

· Legend
188 Posts
Try unplugging the power cord for 5-10 minutes and see what happens. Could try removing B-Bands if you have them in place, but I think that happened to me once and an unplug fixed it.

· DBSTalk Club Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tommyb said:
Try unplugging the power cord for 5-10 minutes and see what happens. Could try removing B-Bands if you have them in place, but I think that happened to me once and an unplug fixed it.
I sat on the "acquiring guide data" screen for 2 hours and then I gave this a try. I'm now back on the acquring guide data screen... I supposed I should just leave it alone this time.

4 Posts
Are you using a HDMI connection? If so, try removing it and try using any other video connection. I had this same issue and the problem was the HDMI connection. I was originally connecting an HR20 and a DVD player through an Onkyo receiver with HDMI switching. The HR20 would not boot when connected to the receiver. When I plugged it directly into the TV it booted with no problems.

· DBSTalk Club Member
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
techspaces said:
Are you using a HDMI connection? If so, try removing it and try using any other video connection. I had this same issue and the problem was the HDMI connection. I was originally connecting an HR20 and a DVD player through an Onkyo receiver with HDMI switching. The HR20 would not boot when connected to the receiver. When I plugged it directly into the TV it booted with no problems.
The root cause was the network cable. i still have no reason why... I had turned off my server and eliminated all of the other variables. Plugging the cable in after it boots causes it to lock up within seconds. I still don't know what to try with this.

· Cool Member
10 Posts
Slump Buster said:
The root cause was the network cable. i still have no reason why... I had turned off my server and eliminated all of the other variables. Plugging the cable in after it boots causes it to lock up within seconds. I still don't know what to try with this.
I have been working fine for weeks now and had to unplug the box to relocate some cables, got stuck at 97% even after resetting with and without sat cables. Unpluged network cable ant it came right up, pluged the network cable back in and it locked up in two minutes, D* tech support had no clue and had not heard of the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.