DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran across this while listing to a Java Podcast. I was rather surprised by it and thought it sounded like Snake Oil. The guy that mentioned he had given it a try and it did indeed un-stick the two stuck pixels he had on his LCD monitor.

I checked the site out and they have DVD images so you could also do this in a HT configuration.

I personally have not tried this out myself but I do plan to when I have time and will report back but figured I would let people know about the site and you can make your own judgment.

http://www.jscreenfix.com/

·
Godfather
257 Posts
Can't say if their method is snake oil or not - doesn't sound like it. LCDs - I've read many times - get stuck and thereafter won't turn on/off correctly. This phenomenon - latch-up - is well-known in semiconductors.

I had vertical lines on my LCD where SD met widescreen.

Read other websites (google away!) and found TV techs claiming that alternating white/black for a while repaired this.

This worked for my case. If the latch-up is catastropic - i.e., the pixel is damaged to be always on or off - this method won't cure it.

hth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.