DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Godfather
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm quite a ways back in my buffer and because in the present, there is rain and no signal, this stupid message is displayed on my screen over a crystal clear picture. And you can't rid of it.

It has also happened that even when the rain fade was gone, and the picture in current time was clear, the message wouldn't go away. The only way to get rid of it was to change channels and go back to the original channel. Of course this dumps the buffer, which I may not want.

Ok, so fine, tell me I've got rain fade, than give me the option to get rid of that stupid message.

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
What I would pay for Directv to buy a C band satellite around 99-103 area, and transmit all the most popular Mpeg4 HD channels...fill the whole satellite up....Charge extra, make us install our own dishes, they supply a compatable LNB to stick on it...Then those of use that lose HD several times every week, could enjoy the same service those in the less thunderstorm zones experience... I think I've seen maybe 30 minutes total of the Red Sox game tonight, in between Searching for signal messages... Checked out weather.com for zip 72118 and its looks like not much TV for the next 24 hours

· Godfather
410 Posts
Davenlr said:
What I would pay for Directv to buy a C band satellite around 99-103 area, and transmit all the most popular Mpeg4 HD channels...fill the whole satellite up....Charge extra, make us install our own dishes, they supply a compatable LNB to stick on it...Then those of use that lose HD several times every week, could enjoy the same service those in the less thunderstorm zones experience... I think I've seen maybe 30 minutes total of the Red Sox game tonight, in between Searching for signal messages... Checked out weather.com for zip 72118 and its looks like not much TV for the next 24 hours
Make sure your dish is properly aligned. Since I have installed the Slimline I get very few weather intruptions compared to my old 3 LNB dish.

· Godfather
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
davring said:
Press record and save what was in the buffer, go to the play list and watch it.
Yes, that works (and is a good idea), but why not just let me get rid of the message once I've seen it? Between looking out the window and seeing the crappy picture, I can figure out I've got rain fade.

Another sweet little service this offers is that even though I'm watching a clear picture (with that damn message), after a short time, it will go into screen saver mode. I presume this happens because in current time the screen is black. That's really smart, to base your screen saver mode, not on what is on the screen, but what might be on the screen.

Rant over.

1 Posts
They need to add "Disable Notification" to the "More Info".

I am using OTA to get the HD channels from my secondary location. The signal is obviously not as strong as it should be, but I am getting crystal clear picture and sound, but that damned message won't go away.

· Godfather
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bighoffa said:
They need to add "Disable Notification" to the "More Info".

I am using OTA to get the HD channels from my secondary location. The signal is obviously not as strong as it should be, but I am getting crystal clear picture and sound, but that damned message won't go away.
Have you tried changing the channel and than changing back? That might get rid of it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.