DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live at the very edge of Los Angeles County (zip 91711).

We get local CBS news in HD, but for some reason I cannot get CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, or 60 Minutes in HD. I checked the CBS website and it says they broadcast in HD. I tried all the channels when I did a search for those programs, but on each channel when I try to watch I still get SD. We have an H21 receiver. Any ideas? Thank you.

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
MoonHowler said:
We live at the very edge of Los Angeles County (zip 91711).

We get local CBS news in HD, but for some reason I cannot get CBS Evening News with Katie Couric, or 60 Minutes in HD. I checked the CBS website and it says they broadcast in HD. I tried all the channels when I did a search for those programs, but on each channel when I try to watch I still get SD. We have an H21 receiver. Any ideas? Thank you.
could be due to distance, are we looking at the HD from an OTA (Over the air) or satellite?

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But on the CBS schedule it shows that 60 Minutes is in HD. But searching Directv on on Channels 2 (KCBS), 381 (CBSW), and 391 (CBSWHD), the show is not in HD.

You're right about Katie Couric, though. But I would have thought news, being more important, would be in HD before prime-time series or football. (grin)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.