DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the NEWS MIX channel is part of the CHOICE package and it includes the FOX Business News channel (FBN) which is NOT part of the CHOICE package. If you are a CHOICE package subscriber you can watch the postage-stamp size version of FBN on the NEWS MIX channel but not the full-sized version which produces a "channel not purchased (721)" message. :confused:

· Hall Of Fame
1,129 Posts
ThomasM said:
I noticed that the NEWS MIX channel is part of the CHOICE package and it includes the FOX Business News channel (FBN) which is NOT part of the CHOICE package. If you are a CHOICE package subscriber you can watch the postage-stamp size version of FBN on the NEWS MIX channel but not the full-sized version which produces a "channel not purchased (721)" message. :confused:
LOL. Same on Sports Mix, NBA TV and CBS Sports.

· Godfather
325 Posts
Brandon428 said:
LOL. Same on Sports Mix, NBA TV and CBS Sports.
Add NHL Network to that list.

When kids mix existed, they had background music from an XM channel that was only available with the Total Choice package (I don't believe the new packages existed yet). I never understood putting an audio channel in a higher package when you could hear the same audio anytime for "free".
bwaldron said:
Sure. And if people find they really like one of these "preview" channels, they can upgrade to the appropriate package.
Exactly. Kids Mix was probably the main source of advertising for that baby channel. They keep those channels so small that they are basically unwatchable. (Although I do enjoy watching New York local news on the sports mix whenever they don't remove the network channel quickly enough after live sports.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.