DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure why, but this is my 3rd try at getting this question answered. I even tried to tail-end Earl on another related thread and got no reply (I understand Earl is busy, no biggie), but could someone PLEASE give me a clue here?

MPEG-4/HD-Locals are scheduled to be turned on here "real soon now". How will I know that they have been turned on? Since I have favorites setup in my Guide that certainly don't include the MPEG-4 HD Locals (because they haven't been turned on yet), I don't see how they are going to "show up" in my Favorites, when they are first turned on.

So...do I need to turn off my Favorites every day and look at the All Channels list and see if they show up? (That seems really clunky to me, but whatever it takes.)

The referenced web site says "coming soon"...well, am I supposed to check that every day too? (and who knows how up to date it will be).

Or...will my Favorites somehow be automagically filled in with the MPEG-4/HD-Locals when they are turned on?

Surely, some of you with MPEG-4/HD-Locals have been through this and know the answer...or did you discover them by luck/rumor?

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
They do not automatically add to the favorites list.

Unless you have ALL Channels as your filter, you won't see them until you add them to your favorites.

So in a nutshell.... either leave it on All Channels (or check every once and a while)... or wait till soemone posts.

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
They do not automatically add to the favorites list.

Unless you have ALL Channels as your filter, you won't see them until you add them to your favorites.

So in a nutshell.... either leave it on All Channels (or check every once and a while)... or wait till soemone posts.
Thanks to both of you, so it is as I suspected....I'll have to "keep an eye on it".

(I surf the guide quite a bit when watching the news, so I don't want to have to move through the many channels that I don't get)

I already subscribe to the AVS group you (2nd reply) referred to, although I appear to be one of the few sat subscribers that contributes to it. (Lotsa OTA and Cable people, but few D*

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.