DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any success with DirecTV cusotmer support?

- schedule of updates/fixes
- discount for price of unit that does not perform as sold
- replacement unit?

I have only had my HR20 since 12/22/06, but the issues are mounting and as others have posted "the wife is pissed". She wants me to re-connect the old HD DVR. (I would but I cannot get the local FOX affiliate with my OFA, and do not want to miss the bowl games or NFL playoff games now that the Sunday ticket is over)

EB:

· Crivens!
768 Posts
I don't call the CSRs for information that I can get here - they are not as connected to the technical and development folks as we are, and they don't have the collective experience with the box that we do here.

I did have some luck when my 10 month old box died the Friday before Christmas. Since the HR20 is my only tuner, I would have been without TV of any kind until a replacement could be delivered sometime late the following week; this was completely unacceptable. It took some time on the phone, and I had to be politely firm, but I got D* to agree to take back the box I got from them and credit my account for purchase and shipping; this let me go to a local Best Buy and pick up a new box, which I was able to install and activate (without extending my commitment) later that day.

· Legend
231 Posts
Customer support at D* is pretty much hit or miss. They do have excellent CSR`s at D* and they also have some who do not know the answer to the simplest questions. If you get one of the dumb ones ask for the next level of support or to speak to a supervisor. Or you can hang up and call back later and hope you get a better CSR.

As far as your wife and the football issuse goes, please do yourself a favor and hook up your old HD-DVR. if you value your marriage

· Lifetime Achiever
21,244 Posts
Hookup both, whatever it takes. Have the CSRs credit your account for the extra fee for a couple months (or more). You and wife will be much happier.

As for CSRs, I've at least always had polite and trying to be helpful people. Can't say that about every vendor I've called.

Cheers,
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.