DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Go Pack!
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved from my home into a temp apartment while my new home is being built and I think the installer forgot a step so I'm looking for some guidance here.

In my last home we had the following:
HR24
HR22
H24
H24

and all were on my network and able to do VOD and MRV.

Just had my install today and it looks like I have no MRV and no VOD. Looks like all I have is a single SWM line coming in from the dish into a splitter with one line out to one box (HR24) and one line out to a new HR34 (got rid of the HR22 and (2) H24's). I'm guessing I am missing something, no? I brought over from the house all the "extra" stuff.

I am sure I have what I need so I'm just looking for a little guidance as to what I need to install to get my MRV and VOD setup.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

· Go Pack!
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dang, I knew I should have checked everything out before I let him leave. I was just in such a rush to get back to the old house to finish moving out.

There is no hard line anywhere near the HR34. I'm wondering if I could just install one of my Apple Airport Express units by the HR34 and then run a hard line from the Airport to the HR34???

Or should I just call Directv back and let them know the installer forgot and to send somebody back over? I sure don't want to waste anybody's time if I don't have to but I want to make sure I get my VOD and MRV back.

Thanks for the reply!

· Registered
3,752 Posts
996911 said:
Dang, I knew I should have checked everything out before I let him leave. I was just in such a rush to get back to the old house to finish moving out.

There is no hard line anywhere near the HR34. I'm wondering if I could just install one of my Apple Airport Express units by the HR34 and then run a hard line from the Airport to the HR34???

Thanks for the reply!
That should work. Just go in and redo network setup and it should figure everything out all by itself.

· Go Pack!
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the MRV up and running. The IP address on the HR24 and HR34 was different. Corrected that and they are both good to go. THe only thing I do not have now is VOD but not a big deal. I finally got my Airport Express over to the house today but need to figure out which box I packed all the cat5 lines. Ugh. D* called to check on my satisfaction with the install. I told them the installer was very professional and enjoyed having him install the system. However, he forgot one thing. The agent immediately said that he forgot to install the CCK and that she will have the local install branch come back out to set it up.

· Registered
9,461 Posts
996911 said:
Got the MRV up and running. The IP address on the HR24 and HR34 was different. Corrected that and they are both good to go. THe only thing I do not have now is VOD but not a big deal. I finally got my Airport Express over to the house today but need to figure out which box I packed all the cat5 lines. Ugh. D* called to check on my satisfaction with the install. I told them the installer was very professional and enjoyed having him install the system. However, he forgot one thing. The agent immediately said that he forgot to install the CCK and that she will have the local install branch come back out to set it up.
They're supposed to be different.

· Go Pack!
813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I should have clarified. The HR34 (the new box here at the apt) grabbed the IP address here and the HR24 from the house that we brought over still had the IP address from THAT network. Just had to go through through the process to get the IP address for the new network.

Should have said the network IP was different.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.