DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatever you wanna call it, I'm getting a momentary pause with pixelization and audio drop out at the same time while watching HD. It does it in both mpeg2 and mpeg4 shows. Sometimes it will only happen a couple of times during an hour show and other times it will do it every couple of minutes. I've tried doing a red button reset. I don't believe I have received the 0xE3 update yet. Does this update address this issue?

Should I have this unit replaced? Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
usersrdum said:
Whatever you wanna call it, I'm getting a momentary pause with pixelization and audio drop out at the same time while watching HD. It does it in both mpeg2 and mpeg4 shows. Sometimes it will only happen a couple of times during an hour show and other times it will do it every couple of minutes. I've tried doing a red button reset. I don't believe I have received the 0xE3 update yet. Does this update address this issue?

Should I have this unit replaced? Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks.
Everyone should have received the 0xE3 update by now.

Is this happening on pre-recorded shows, or ones that you are watching live.

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This problem is on live shows and I believe recorded shows.

Additional info:
Occasionally during these stutters I will get a "Searching for Sat signal on sat ?" message for a split second. I've checked my signal strengths and they are all in the 90's.

Using HDMI and Optical cable.

· Legend
238 Posts
When mine was first installed, I had pixelization and audio stutters all of the time! I had the installers coming back every other day (5 trips total). I found loose cables, most of the new lines installed the connectors weren't crimped on to the cables. My first Zinwell splitter had a tremendous signal loss from input to output (much higher than normal). Calling D* and forcing the installers to keep coming back until they get it right can help.

I have also found that picture quality has improved with each software update. Your problem could be the box, but it can be everything else in the system as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.