DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure where to post this. I would like to hear from some of you who subscribe to both Directv and Dish Network. I'm currently a digital cable subscriber and am planning to move to satellite soon. Dish is appealing (HD) while so is Directv (intenational sports on Setanta and Cricket). Can anyone point me to an existing thread or offer some suggestions on how to go about having a subscription to both? Thanks.

· Mr. FixAnything
27,971 Posts
Getting info from both sides will give him full picture about packages, picture quality, etc. As to install dishes, cables, switches and receivers - he will have from BOTH providers and NO WAY to combine the equipment.

· Godfather
297 Posts
HTneophyte said:
Not sure where to post this. I would like to hear from some of you who subscribe to both Directv and Dish Network. I'm currently a digital cable subscriber and am planning to move to satellite soon. Dish is appealing (HD) while so is Directv (intenational sports on Setanta and Cricket). Can anyone point me to an existing thread or offer some suggestions on how to go about having a subscription to both? Thanks.
It's not that big of deal. I currently have some level of subscription with 3 DBS services. The bulk of my programming from Dish, NFL-ST only from DirecTv and ExpressVu (Canada) as well.

Obviously you can just have 2 completely seperate systems. Then just have your a/v receiver switch audio and use 2 seperate inputs on your display for video for example.

I mean theres alot of different variables that will come into play depending on exactly what type programming you want from each provider. As in the number and type of receivers and dishes you might need in regards to each company.

· Hall Of Fame
6,901 Posts
P Smith said:
Getting info from both sides will give him full picture about packages, picture quality, etc. As to install dishes, cables, switches and receivers - he will have from BOTH providers and NO WAY to combine the equipment.
Actually if you have a 119 bird with dual LNBF - you can send one feed to DISH's receiver and the other one to Direct's receiver.. It will work :)

NOT very practical hook up, i suppose, BUT it WILL work :)

· Icon
748 Posts
many folks do have both specially for cricket and international programming.

Dish is strong in HD and little bit of cricket.

Directv is strong in many internationals, lots of cricket exclusivities etc.

· Hall Of Fame
1,115 Posts
HTneophyte said:
Can anyone point me to an existing thread or offer some suggestions on how to go about having a subscription to both? Thanks.
What do you mean "suggestions for how to get both"? You just subscribe to service from both and pay for them. It's as simple as that. I get all of DISH, DirecTV as well as digital cable. I'm not sure what specific "suggestions" you're looking for.

· Banned
63 Posts
HTneophyte said:
It may be worth having both if you can have alacarte and choose just exactly the channels you want, but neither company allows that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.