DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading all the tips and tricks etc. from this forum, I'm glad to report I had a successful install yesterday here in Boise of the HR-20 and the AT-9. Thanks to all who helped!

It actually took longer to activate my programming than it did to install the dish and get a signal. :) (CSR forgot to turn on DVR functionality on the new receiver).

I still have the installer scheduled to fine-tune the dish, add the multi-switch, and move the DirecTivo to the bedroom.

Signals are good, picture looks good, watched the Giants beat up the Boys on ESPN HD - what a pleasure.

Had a couple of audio/video dropouts moving from the recorded game to the live game but that's been it so far with recording and playback. I'll play with it more tonight.

I still have 2 HR-20s I bought at Best Buy which I'm going to return likely tomorrow or Thursday. If anyone wants one, send me a private message.

Thanks again to all who helped make the process smooth!

·
AllStar
75 Posts
Good Job! Where did you get the dish from? I called D* to send me the AT-9 (because the installer cancelled on me twice) but CSR told me it can only be professionally installed.

·
DBSTalk Club Member
459 Posts
F1Fan said:
Good Job! Where did you get the dish from? I called D* to send me the AT-9 (because the installer cancelled on me twice) but CSR told me it can only be professionally installed.
That's a lot of bunk. I bought mine from Solid Signal and installed it myself. It was outraeously simple -- nowhere near as daunting as they make it sound. However, I did install it on a pole, only two feet off the ground, so it is very easy to work on. If I needed a roof or other complex install, I would have let them do it.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
videojanitor said:
That's a lot of bunk. I bought mine from Solid Signal and installed it myself. It was outraeously simple -- nowhere near as daunting as they make it sound. However, I did install it on a pole, only two feet off the ground, so it is very easy to work on. If I needed a roof or other complex install, I would have let them do it.
F1,
sorry didn't see your post. I got mine from Satellite Guys (Ebay store) but Solid Signal is very reliable where janitor got his. They even have install videos from DirecTV right on the site. of course, i didn't even need them as I had a previous dish pointing to the 110, etc. Plus it's only about 10 feet off the ground on a roof ledge with clear line of site. I literally pointed it about the same direction as the other dish, then had my son read me the strengths from the receiver until i had them dialed in. I only had to tweak the azimuth.

But i'm still having an installer come anyway to install the multiswitch and cabling for the old DirecTivo, so I'll be having him fine-tune. As janitor mentioned though, it was really easy - but we both had good situations in which to do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.