DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my HR20 for about 3 weeks now, and I had set up a Series Link for The Daily Show and Colbert Report for first run shows only. Until now, this had worked fairly well, although it would schedule one second run show to record each week, usually Monday nights at 8 and 8:30.

I just checked my ToDo list and found that every instance of the show for the next two weeks is set to record!

Is this a glitch with the new software update? Has anyone else experienced this?

Since I only have it set to save 5 episodes, I think I'm going to have to continuously monitor my ToDo list to fix this problem...

· Registered
12,596 Posts
This is typical of programs like "The Daily Show" that often have incomplete Guide Data. Since the DVR (happens with Tivo's, too) doesn't know if it's a "first run" or "repeat", it just schedules them all. You can workaround the problem by setting up a manual recording, or let the DVR save more episodes and delete the repeats.

· Legend
228 Posts
Stupid question - How do you tell it to not record repeats?

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Litzdog -

The thing is, the series link was working pretty well before. It has now all of the sudden started to schedule all of the showings.

I guess I'm alone with this problem...

Glanus -

When you set up teh series link you can tell it to record first run, repeats or both.

· Hall Of Fame
1,510 Posts
Your question was answered. The information in the guide was not sufficient to do the recording properly.

6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hate to beat a dead horse, but it WAS WORKING and now it's not. So actually, the question hasn't been answered.

However, I give up. Apparently noone else shared my experience...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.