Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
I am thinking about doing something and need some input on how I'd get this to work with my Dish setup.

I currently have a 622 in my living room feeding my HD set downstairs and it's also run to my old SD set in my bedroom on the 2nd floor. My SD set is very old, although working good. I'm considering buying a 32 inch LCD HD set for the bedroom.

I know the 622 will feed only one HD set and one SD, so I'll need to get another receiver for my bedroom. I dont need a DVR up there....just a receiver. I'm wondering...I won't really need a dual tuner box if I do that, really. Is the 622 the only dual tuner HD reciver that Dish has? If so, woudl there be any cost savings if I traded in the 622 for another HD DVR (f there is such a thing) and a second HD box (non-dvr) for my bedroom? Or would I just need to leave the 622 downstairs and add an HD box in my room?

Also, aside from the inital cost layout, how much would that 2nd box cost me a month?

Thanks everyone!!

Bruce

·
Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
DISH currently only has 2 MPEG 4 HD receivers the 622 dual tuner DVR and the 211 single tuner non DVR HD receiver. DISH is the only one who can tell you for sure what it will cost you. Monthly the second HD receiver should be $6.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,182 Posts
All the outputs are active on the 622, if you run other (HDMI or Components) upstairs with audio and leave it in single mode. You can take the other receiver off the account and get away with only the one 622.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
garys said:
All the outputs are active on the 622, if you run other (HDMI or Components) upstairs with audio and leave it in single mode. You can take the other receiver off the account and get away with only the one 622.
This is true if the run is less than 100ft, longer than that you would need an HDMI repeater. Also both rooms would have to watch the same thing. If you want to watch 2 different thing then you will need a 2nd HD receiver.

·
Legend
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aah. Good point, Gary and whatchel. It would be kinda difficult to run HDMI or component that far, but I gues it could be done. And as far as watching the same thing, I'm single and live alone, so I guess that wouldn't be a problem! HAHA

I'll probably just go the easy route and get the 2nd box, if I do get the TV.

Thansk for everyone's help!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
bderouen said:
aah. Good point, Gary and whatchel. It would be kinda difficult to run HDMI or component that far, but I gues it could be done. And as far as watching the same thing, I'm single and live alone, so I guess that wouldn't be a problem! HAHA

I'll probably just go the easy route and get the 2nd box, if I do get the TV.

Thansk for everyone's help!
If you run an HDMI you will need a repeater app every 125 to 150 ft. There are also devices that can split the HDMI for 2 units. So think about that. I understand the single thing that way myself. Don't plan doing the M thing again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.