DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so last night I went ahead and forced the old 235 NR release onto one of my HR20-700 due to continuous video/audi freezes. I can still tune OTA channels just nothing on the sat. Pulled up the signal strength and noticing that I am getting all zero on all sats and even SWM. Is it time to call DTV since its looking like the issue is not CE related at all.

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael D'Angelo;1682295 said:
I am moving this to the "DIRECTV HD DVR" forum.
Ok the issues seemed to start with the CE from last weekend but since they are now being seen on 235 release figured maybe its time to call DTV. Can I mention this started last weekend with CE but still evident in 235????

· Impossible Dreamer
5,525 Posts
spidey said:
Ok so last night I went ahead and forced the old 235 NR release onto one of my HR20-700 due to continuous video/audi freezes. I can still tune OTA channels just nothing on the sat. Pulled up the signal strength and noticing that I am getting all zero on all sats and even SWM. Is it time to call DTV since its looking like the issue is not CE related at all.
Things were working if you could pull down 235. First thing I'd try is unplugging the PI and DVRs, powering the PI back up, then the DVRs.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
spidey said:
Ok the issues seemed to start with the CE from last weekend but since they are now being seen on 235 release figured maybe its time to call DTV. Can I mention this started last weekend with CE but still evident in 235????
If you call DIRECTV do not say anything about the CE software but before you call lets see if we can help fix the problem if you want.

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Michael D'Angelo;1682300 said:
Do you have a problem with any other receiver(s)?

What is your complete setup?
The other HR20-700 has been functioning normally. Here is a little of the histiry. Started the CE download friday and once started went to bed. In the Am notice picture was frozen no audio/no video. RBR restart. Over the next few days would see lockups at least 2 - 3 times a day. Each time audio/video frozene while wathing or black screen on power on. Can still tune to OTA channels and noticed today sat signals are all 0.

Setup.
I am running off a SWM 8. All other receivers on the SWM are working fine, 1 HR20, 1 H21 and one H20. The specific HR20 -700 that is having problems is setup with Native off ( I thought that might be a contributing factor ) and HDMI interface to a Samsung DLP.

I sent in diag reports each time before reboots. I just pulled the plug and am going to let the receiver sit without power for 30 minutes.

We have had alot of power spikes over last few weeks however everything coming into the receiver is also going through surge protectors.

I am wondering if its a problem on the Sat 1 input since OTA still wants to work.

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Michael D'Angelo;1682305 said:
If you call DIRECTV do not say anything about the CE software but before you call lets see if we can help fix the problem if you want.
Thats why I posted, see my reply about powering down single unit. The PI is near the HR20 that is still working and it and the H21 are all split on the SWM1 output, the SWM2 goes to the H20 and thats working fine as well

· Registered
8,671 Posts
does the SWM screen show in sat signal? I have a hr21 that I had to put a extra splitter (old junk nonpowerpass) in line as it was somehow seeing that it had a conventional dish setup.. seemed like it was seeing the other recievers somehow..

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
houskamp said:
does the SWM screen show in sat signal? I have a hr21 that I had to put a extra splitter (old junk nonpowerpass) in line as it was somehow seeing that it had a conventional dish setup.. seemed like it was seeing the other recievers somehow..
I havent changed a thing wiring wise in months. All the splitters are power passers.

From SWM I run a single wire to a pp splitter one line goes to the PI and HR20-700 other goes further on to another pp splitter. One output of that goes to the failing HR20 and the other goes to H21. All other receivers are looking fine.

· Registered
8,671 Posts
spidey said:
I havent changed a thing wiring wise in months. All the splitters are power passers.

From SWM I run a single wire to a pp splitter one line goes to the PI and HR20-700 other goes further on to another pp splitter. One output of that goes to the failing HR20 and the other goes to H21. All other receivers are looking fine.
sounds just like mine.. only mine went screwy a couple months ago..after having been running for months..

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
houskamp said:
sounds just like mine.. only mine went screwy a couple months ago..after having been running for months..
I may try to switch the outputs to see if it somehow follows the powerpasser output, Will see since I unplugged both DVR and TV for 30 minutes and just rebooted. If I see again I will try the splitter change out

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
here is Sat info after a reboot:

101: 68 87 91 96 89 94 95 91 94 88 92 91 95 95 92 95 91 75 95 95 93 94 91 99 92 0 89 95 87 94 86 96

110: Trans 8 85, 10 83, 12 87

119:starting at 22 96 98 91 0 94 96 92 0 95 100 86

99s 75 69 0 91 70 42

103s: 0 0 0 00 starting at 15 0 69 95 0 73 68 90 0 0 0

103c: 95 95 86 93 93 94 83 93 92 91 91 94 91 94 (17 95 ) (22 94)

swm 96 0 0 99 0 96 100 95 96

· Hall Of Fame
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So based on Mike Da ( BM Raven ) we powered down everything including the PI. Powered back up the PI than one HR20 and than the other. After about 6 hours of working fine plugged in the other 2 H2x receivers. Everything is working fine so seems like it may have been the SWM in a funky state.

Thanx a bunch for the ideas and especially to Mike for helping me through different ideas.

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
spidey said:
So based on Mike Da ( BM Raven ) we powered down everything including the PI. Powered back up the PI than one HR20 and than the other. After about 6 hours of working fine plugged in the other 2 H2x receivers. Everything is working fine so seems like it may have been the SWM in a funky state.

Thanx a bunch for the ideas and especially to Mike for helping me through different ideas.
No problem. Glad to hear it is now working right for you again.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.