DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Mentor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying two new HD TV’s and want to add two new HD non-DVR receivers. I am looking for suggestions on how to most efficiently and prudently accomplish this. The two new receivers will replace two current D10 receivers.

First some background. I have had DirecTV for a little over three years. Two years ago I bought an HD TV and upgraded to the HD service. DirecTV installed a new dish and an HD H20 receiver for me. I was charged $126. I currently have no commitment to DirecTV.

Current Equipment: 4 standard D10 receivers (owned by me); 1 HD H20 receiver (leased); 5 LNB multi-sat dish; Zinwell wideband 6x8 multi switch

Current Subscriptions: Choice Extra, HD Access, Sports Pack, Sunday Ticket with Superfan

How should I go about acquiring two new HD non-DVR receivers?

· Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
Two ways really. go to a BB or other retailer, install them and call D* to activate.
Or call D* and see what deal they have. I think both will add 2 year commitment.

· Hall Of Fame
4,481 Posts
birdie_ace said:
I am buying two new HD TV's and want to add two new HD non-DVR receivers. I am looking for suggestions on how to most efficiently and prudently accomplish this. The two new receivers will replace two current D10 receivers.

First some background. I have had DirecTV for a little over three years. Two years ago I bought an HD TV and upgraded to the HD service. DirecTV installed a new dish and an HD H20 receiver for me. I was charged $126. I currently have no commitment to DirecTV.

Current Equipment: 4 standard D10 receivers (owned by me); 1 HD H20 receiver (leased); 5 LNB multi-sat dish; Zinwell wideband 6x8 multi switch

Current Subscriptions: Choice Extra, HD Access, Sports Pack, Sunday Ticket with Superfan

How should I go about acquiring two new HD non-DVR receivers?
go to a retail store, you will save shipping charges

· Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
If you are not under a commitment, you might try calling the Retention department to see if they’ll make you a deal. To do this, call the 800 number and at the voice prompt, say “cancel service”. No, you will not be instantly and irreversibly canceled! You will get a CSR who has the ability to make better offers than regular CSR’s in order to keep customers from leaving. Nicely explain that you have bought some new HDTV’s and are shopping around for the best deals on service for them. Tell them you are also going to get quotes from your cable company and E*.

I’ll bet you can get the H2x receivers for free and maybe even some other credits. They tend to like Sunday Ticket/Superfan customers. Of course you might see what it would take to add an HD-DVR or two. If you have never had a DVR, you should give it a try. Then again, maybe that’s a bad idea, because once you get used to the capabilities of a DVR, you will want one on every TV in the house!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.