DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
I wonder if this will affect the cash discounts DIRECTV offers. After giving people Sunday Ticket free will they also give the $40 per month (or better) that many people have reported? For people who would or have paid for Sunday Ticket getting it free would be a discount. For those less interested in the NFL they may prefer a cash discount.

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
What would be the downside for DIRECTV or TPG up to the point of reaching the AT&T NFLST funding support limit? It would seem to be "free money".
That was not the question. The question was whether DIRECTV will give cash discounts to people who also received (with or without requesting it) the free NFL ST bonus.

While "free NFL ST" is intended as a thank you / retention offer some customers might want cash instead of NFL ST.

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
NFLST is free promotional material (swag) up to a point so there's mostly upside for DIRECTV in giving it away.

Discounts can't be given away randomly as swag can. Discounts substantially hit DIRECTV's bottom line so they must be handed out with great care (in established retention situations).
Not an answer to the question but you don't have the answer so I should not expect one from you.

It is in everyone's best interest to paint the best looking financial picture as AT&T and TPG struggle to free themselves of the yoke of DIRECTV.
Tightly held private financial pictures ... with the only outsiders who would need to see the number having a lot more experience in the satellite marketplace than AT&T or TPG (or even retained talent at DIRECTV as they have changed control many times since they were created).

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
If I was DIRECTV I would only give it to people who got it free last year or called to cancel. Right now it is a parting gift ... Look at this programming that you either won't be able to get on DIRECTV next year or you certainly won't get for free. DIRECTV seems to be setting themselves up for failure next year when they can't continue this offer.

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
Please use the new thread for discussion of Sunday Ticket leaving DIRECTV ...

This thread remains for discussion of Sunday Ticket on DIRECTV for the upcoming season.

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
Please use the new thread for discussion of Sunday Ticket leaving DIRECTV ...

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
Wrong thread. Please don't spam the current year thread with future year desires. This thread is about the 2022 season offering.

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
DIRECTV had major issues with streaming this week and last. Perhaps you still being authorized is an effect of their issues.

·
Super Moderator
53,902 Posts
Is there a version of the broadcast feed for late games that is used in the home team markets so they can get the entire game?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts