DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,718 Posts
If I was DIRECTV I would only give it to people who got it free last year or called to cancel. Right now it is a parting gift ... Look at this programming that you either won't be able to get on DIRECTV next year or you certainly won't get for free. DIRECTV seems to be setting themselves up for failure next year when they can't continue this offer.

Reactions: krel

·
1,322 Posts
If I was DIRECTV I would only give it to people who got it free last year or called to cancel. Right now it is a parting gift ... Look at this programming that you either won't be able to get on DIRECTV next year or you certainly won't get for free. DIRECTV seems to be setting themselves up for failure next year when they can't continue this offer.
I wouldn't have done it unless it was by how many subs paid for it and not one big lump sum check. There will be more subs fleeing next year😒

·
Icon
2,051 Posts
I haven't got it yet either. Had it last season as a "welcome back" gift. We'll see what happens. If I get it, great, if I don't, I don't. Plenty of games on without it now, between my local games (usually 2-3 on Sunday days), SNF, MNF, TNF (which I have Amazon Prime to get it) and the occasional Saturday game late in the season.

·
1,322 Posts
I haven't got it yet either. Had it last season as a "welcome back" gift. We'll see what happens. If I get it, great, if I don't, I don't. Plenty of games on without it now, between my local games (usually 2-3 on Sunday days), SNF, MNF, TNF (which I have Amazon Prime to get it) and the occasional Saturday game late in the season.
id'e keep calling in and seeing if they have any promo's for it

·
1,322 Posts
Already tried. They told me there was nothing available.
keep trying is all i can say!!!! one would figure they would just give it to everyone at no charge to try and keep customers since i think alot more will flee after this year!!! sunday ticket is is one price when they write the check and not by the sub on how much they payout

·
Icon
2,051 Posts
id'e keep calling in and seeing if they have any promo's for it
I don't care enough about it to matter. It was a nice perk (considering the cost), and really I mostly watched Red Zone on weekends when my team wasn't playing. There's plenty of NFL on every week for me to get my fix, between the two local teams, the doubleheader games on Sunday. SNF, MNF, TNF and so forth. If the two local teams suddenly moved out of the area, I'd probably watch a few games here and there, but my interest would wane quickly. If they give me ST for free, that's fine, if they don't they don't.

·
Icon
2,051 Posts
So I just looked at my account. There are three options for ST that I can see. I have one of the options:
Brown Blue Green Azure Rectangle

The other two options are to sign up for ST and ST Max. Does this mean I'll get ST at ZERO cost? When I looked yesterday I didn't see this option.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
It is kind of weird because you said you watched mostly Redzone last year which is only included with Sunday Ticket Max and your auto renew is just Sunday Ticket. Not Max which is what you had last year if you were watching Redzone. You could just wait and see what it renews as. Regular ST or ST Max and if it charges you more than zero. I think you have until week 2 in the regular season to cancel since week 1 is always free for everyone.

·
Icon
2,051 Posts
It is kind of weird because you said you watched mostly Redzone last year which is only included with Sunday Ticket Max and your auto renew is just Sunday Ticket. Not Max which is what you had last year if you were watching Redzone. You could just wait and see what it renews as. Regular ST or ST Max and if it charges you more than zero. I think you have until week 2 in the regular season to cancel since week 1 is always free for everyone.
Yep, that's probably what I'll do.

·
Administrator
473 Posts
I get the email notice from Directv in September every year about free Sunday Ticket so I won't worry unless it doesn't come this year.

·
Cool Member/Supporter
284 Posts
I just got the e-mail this morning, so the notifications are still dribbling out it seems.

Didn't contact DirecTV, it just showed up.

Been a DirecTV (and Sunday Ticket) subscriber since 1994.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts