DBSTalk Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,672 Posts
No love here yet as a 23+ year customer out of contract, after STMax last year for free. My billing cycle was yesterday and still nothing, and 700-1 is currently x721.

I’ll stand by for a while until I’m forced to make a call in early Sept if it doesn’t happen by then.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
If you have Twitter dm @DIRECTVhelp and ask about promotions for NFL ST MAX. That is how I got it free a couple of days ago. Only took a few minutes of texts but there were some 15 minute silences at times but she kept saying every now and then she was still working on it. Much easier than chat or phone...both of which I had already tried with zero success.

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,672 Posts
Thanks. I can text on my iPhone with DirecTV CSR’s, but I don’t have Twitter or FB like most do to assist. I’m not too stressed at this point- there’s time. 👍

·
1,322 Posts
Anybody else get a piece of (junk) snail mail from DirecTV telling them they got Sunday Ticket for the 2022 season for free ? I had already received the e-mail notification and thought it odd that they sent me a piece of regular mail too.
We just got an e mail saying we got it free nothing via snail mail

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have Twitter dm @DIRECTVhelp and ask about promotions for NFL ST MAX. That is how I got it free a couple of days ago. Only took a few minutes of texts but there were some 15 minute silences at times but she kept saying every now and then she was still working on it. Much easier than chat or phone...both of which I had already tried with zero success.
Just gave this a shot. Took maybe 10-15 minutes. All I asked was if there were any promos for the ST MAX and they just gave it to me for free. Thanks for the suggestion.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,965 Posts
Yet another synopsis of someone else's (Andrew Marchand) newsletter with a heapin' helpin' of speculation added.

The "not going well" is based on the fact that this was supposed to be resolved before the 2022 championship game.

Reactions: krel

·
Legend
156 Posts
NFL ST will probably be replaced by the new NFL+ streaming service at some time in the future

Reactions: krel

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,965 Posts
NFL ST will probably be replaced by the new NFL+ streaming service at some time in the future
NFL+ seems to be everything minus NFLST at this point and that's surely a much more involved deal.

We'll find out when (if?) the NFLST contract is awarded. A really long contract with extension options (such as DIRECTV had) would suggest you're wrong.

I don't think it has ever been the NFL's goal to handle TV distribution internally.

·
Administrator
473 Posts
I get the email notice from Directv in September every year about free Sunday Ticket so I won't worry unless it doesn't come this year.
And there it is a bit early!

Font Electric blue Advertising Event Screenshot

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
NFL Sunday Ticket needs to be a non exclusive package that is available everywhere. Satellite (DIRECTV & Dish) Cable, & streaming service. It needs max availability on all available platforms. The deal shouldn’t be too hard to hammer down. And another thing that needs to be changed is blackouts. If you purchase the package, all games need to be available regardless if your local CBS or FOX carries a game. Sometimes late afternoon game starts are missed because an early game can have overtime.

·
Super Moderator
53,717 Posts
Wrong thread. Please don't spam the current year thread with future year desires. This thread is about the 2022 season offering.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts