DBSTalk Forum banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,725 Posts
ST App is live now this morning. Last time I checked it was just a splash screen.

Reactions: b4pjoe

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts

·
Cool Member
33 Posts
So, for whatever reason my NFL ST Max didn't automatically renew this year. I don't see it on my bill and the channels prompt me to subscribe when I try and select them.

However, my NFL Sunday Ticket app on both my phone and Roku's work perfectly. I can watch all the games, including Red Zone. The account I'm using for it hasn't changed - it's the same as my DirecTV account.

Does this make any sense?

·
Hall Of Fame
8,741 Posts
So, for whatever reason my NFL ST Max didn't automatically renew this year. I don't see it on my bill and the channels prompt me to subscribe when I try and select them.

However, my NFL Sunday Ticket app on both my phone and Roku's work perfectly. I can watch all the games, including Red Zone. The account I'm using for it hasn't changed - it's the same as my DirecTV account.

Does this make any sense?
Makes sense. Maybe your receivers need to be refreshed?

·
Super Moderator
53,871 Posts
DIRECTV had major issues with streaming this week and last. Perhaps you still being authorized is an effect of their issues.

·
Icon
3,492 Posts
If the Packer games are deemed the National game of the week in your DMA, then no need for ST. I don’t see that happening every week though.
Yea GB .. we are the Fox "game of the week" next week (week 3) too smh

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I actually hate it when my team is in the featured game. It means there is a 1:00 p.m. game on the same channel that can overrun the start of the game.
This is just one example of why Blackouts need to be abolished in sports. When your team is a 4:25 PM game and a 1:00 PM game runs late or goes into overtime, the risk is there for you not being able to see the start of that 4:25 PM game on your local CBS or FOX because of “local Blackout restrictions” sometimes I have noticed if this happens Sunday Ticket will open up the game for something like the first half, but they don’t do it all the time.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
This is just one example of why Blackouts need to be abolished in sports. When your team is a 4:25 PM game and a 1:00 PM game runs late or goes into overtime, the risk is there for you not being able to see the start of that 4:25 PM game on your local CBS or FOX because of “local Blackout restrictions” sometimes I have noticed if this happens Sunday Ticket will open up the game for something like the first half, but they don’t do it all the time.
Yes, they will usually unblock the Sunday Ticket channel, but only until the early game ends. It also happens sometimes even if the early game finishes on time. They switch to bonus coverage of another game and run the bonus coverage up to the starting time of the late game or even past it if the game runs long. And if the bonus coverage ends just before the start of the late game, they go to a series of commercials before joining the late game in progress. It's ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
53,871 Posts
Is there a version of the broadcast feed for late games that is used in the home team markets so they can get the entire game?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Is there a version of the broadcast feed for late games that is used in the home team markets so they can get the entire game?
In the local markets of the teams that are playing the late game, the networks are required by NFL rules to switch to the late game by the start of the game. They can't overrun the start of the game with an earlier game or bonus coverage.

·
Hall Of Fame
8,741 Posts
In the local markets of the teams that are playing the late game, the networks are required by NFL rules to switch to the late game by the start of the game. They can't overrun the start of the game with an earlier game or bonus coverage.
It happened here week 1. The early game went into overtime and our local station switched to the local teams game. People watching the early game were very upset.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
CBS is bad about running bonus coverage up to the start of the 4:25 game and then going to a commercial break as the late game is getting underway. It's one thing if the early game runs long, but it seems ridiculous to overrun the start of the late game with bonus coverage.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yep they called it a constant feed which is feed to the teams markets (along with Sunday Ticket). Out of market areas getting the game get an flex feed that for instance if the game turns into a blow out if there's another game that's more competitive they can switch over to that.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts