DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
4,743 Posts
beavis said:
They won't show up until after the ESPNGP games the previous day. ESPNGP and NFLST share some channel #'s this season.
but cant it still be there on wednesday though ?

this is just an example not actual games/dates/times etc:

if u put the guide on it will show saturday sept 2 - 3:00 usc @ penn state. channel 712.
then if u forward the guide it willl show sunday sept 3 - 1:00 giants @ eagles. channel 712.

so the guide shows the same channel but different shows....just like any other channel does.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,954 Posts
The *channels* will probably appear in the last week of August to support college football. The program listings for the NFL, well, we will see. Every HD league package took some shakedown time to get the schedule ironed out.

Hopefully, the fact that they are using fulltime channels for both SD and HD (with duplicates) and that they won't have to share them with PPV movies (because of D11), it means they will be more stable than we saw for NHL, NBA and MLB startups.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,212 Posts
gct said:
Folks,

All the SD and HD channels for SundayTicket and Superfan are on the DIRECTV website. See the "Schedules" link under Sports/SundayTicket.

Only Week 17 does not have all the channels assigned.
the OP wasnt asking that. he was asking when they would show up in the on screen guide so he could make sure he was really signed up.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
185 Posts
ICM2000 said:
Wednesday or Thursday before the first Sunday games. Last year located from about 700 though 720, with HD in the 710 through 720. I may be off by a few numbers but these are close.
Last year, they were located in 701 to 727, with HD games on a separate channel from SD.

This year, they will be located from 701 to 717, HD and SD simulcast on same channel number.

Actual games are on 704 through 717. If they use the same pattern they did last year, 701 and 702 will be the Mix channels (with 8 games at once), and 703 will be the Red Zone channel.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,954 Posts
dtrell said:
the OP wasnt asking that. he was asking when they would show up in the on screen guide so he could make sure he was really signed up.
Them showing up in the guide has nothing to do with being signed up. You can check that today by going to the NFL signup channel (number escapes me and I am at work) and it will tell you if you are authorized or not.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
689 Posts
beavis said:
They won't show up until after the ESPNGP games the previous day. ESPNGP and NFLST share some channel #'s this season.
That's a little tight to get your NFL game of choice scheduled in your DVR.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,954 Posts
BuffaloDenny said:
That's a little tight to get your NFL game of choice scheduled in your DVR.
Why?

They can put the guide data up weeks in advance if they know the channel numbers, which they do (they are already posted).
 

· Icon
Joined
·
689 Posts
tonyd79 said:
Why?

They can put the guide data up weeks in advance if they know the channel numbers, which they do (they are already posted).
I thought that even though we'll know the channel # well in advance, if a different program (i.e. a college game) is on that channel for Saturday, then I won't be able to record my NFL game on that channel until it shows up in the guide, which presumably wont be until after the NCAA games are over.

Last year, my keyword search always picked up the game I think on Wednesday or so of the week of the game and added it to my to do list. This year I thought that wouldn't happen because of the channel sharing.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
12,954 Posts
BuffaloDenny said:
I thought that even though we'll know the channel # well in advance, if a different program (i.e. a college game) is on that channel for Saturday, then I won't be able to record my NFL game on that channel until it shows up in the guide, which presumably wont be until after the NCAA games are over.

Last year, my keyword search always picked up the game I think on Wednesday or so of the week of the game and added it to my to do list. This year I thought that wouldn't happen because of the channel sharing.
There is no reason for channel sharing to negate the data being in the guide. It is just a program. Unless they do something stupid like share the number and add and remove the channel to rename it or something. Channels go dark all the time between programs. Look at the MLB channels or the part time RSNs. Right now, they even use the MLB channels for PPV movies when they are not showing baseball.

This does bring up an interesting question, though. I don't know what they will name the channels. Not NFL1 or ESPN1. Maybe FBL1?
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
525 Posts
Boy is nice to see all the games listed in HD...

Anyone notice that the start times for the afternoon games are listed at 4 and not 4:15?

Also on DirecTV's website, it has the NFL Network doing a triple-header on Thanksgiving Day. Is that right? FOX and CBS lost those games??

UPDATE: DirecTV's website is wrong... FOX and CBS each have a game on Thanksgiving...
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top