DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I haven't even had DirecTV for two months yet, but am loving it. I am very interested in signing up for MLB Extra Innings and Superfan for HD, and NFL Sunday Ticket with Superfan for HD. However, the prices are so ridiculous. I wouldn't order MLB Extra Innings until after the All Star break anyway, so as to get the $129 half season deal. But that aside, as a new customer is there any chance of me gettin ga better deal on either? I know a lot of people who had Sunday Ticket last season just simply call and threaten to cancel the package, and they'll credit you the $99 Superfan fee, but as a new customer what can I do? If I call in and say I want MLB Extra Innings and Sunday Ticket plus their respective Superfan packages, but that they are just too expensive, would they give me some sort of deal, or would I be pushing my luck?

Thanks in advance.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,776 Posts
PaulieORF said:
I know a lot of people who had Sunday Ticket last season just simply call and threaten to cancel the package, and they'll credit you the $99 Superfan fee, but as a new customer what can I do? If I call in and say I want MLB Extra Innings and Sunday Ticket plus their respective Superfan packages, but that they are just too expensive, would they give me some sort of deal, or would I be pushing my luck?

Thanks in advance.
I don't think there are alot of people getting SF free this year. I've seen a few people post that they have, but it appears that many more (including myself) were not able to get it free this year despite getting it free every other year since SF was introduced. I may call one more time and try before the season starts.

It doesn't hurt to go ahead and try and negotiate for free SF though, all they will do is say no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.