DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS
5,633 Posts
disraeligear said:
I have a problem that I'll xplain later...but for now, can anyone tell me what sat(s) being used to send SD signal for the games...Thanks in advance for any info....Murphy's Law.
All SD comes from 101, aside from a few LILs and international channels.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys...Oh boy, wish I came here first instead of dealing with Directv!! From customer service/tech there - all I got was MISINFORMATION.

Here's the deal: I have the superfan pkg for couple yrs...no probs other than initial install...had probs w/the 5 LNB dish...trees (just clearing) and 40 ft up w/steep roof. Well, after telling sat tech that I didn't need local HD - only subscibe to the NFL Sun ticket, nothing else - decided to install 3 LNB dish (101,110 and 119).

Everything fine until this yr, UNTIL I saw that I couldn't punch in 5 digit # for HD e.g. 707.1. After a lot of waiting/BS, gal @ Directv reprogrammed box (H20) and HD ch's now there and able to address...only prob, @ HD ch's the infamous "searching for signal" appeared.

They decided that I needed to upgrade to the 5 LNB dish...guy comes out and see him shaking his head when he saw where dish was...the ladder he had was only good enough for apple pickin..I had told Directv to make sure they called before the appt so I could tell them that it was a high install....from here all down hill.

Sadly, these guys don't get paid unless they perform the orig workorder...in this case, change dish. Installer then talks with tech @ Directv who tells him HD NFL is on 119 sat...on receiver 119 shows 0 signal but his 'bundle' says there is signal coming down..retests receiver and now shows signals at some transponders @ 119...?...tells Dtv that I need a new receiver and installs the H23NC-600...couldn't test as they tell him signals only available on Sundays...I know now that he replaced the receiver so he would get paid for the job and get out of Dodge.

Sorry for the long story here but this pisses me off...NOT ONE person could tell me @ Directv, including tech support where the HD NFL was, other than the wrong answer - @119.

Fortunately, I came here today with some knowledeable people....now the next step - sick of dealing with Ddtv...in fact paid out of pocket for the orig HD install as got sick of long wait only to find that they send out guys unprepared for a tricky install as this.

Question: seeing that I need the 99 and 103 for HD, could I put up a dish with 2 LNBS to do the job? Thanks for reading the rant if you got this far....that's why I closed with - Murphy's Law.

·
12,225 Posts
disraeligear said:
Thanks guys...

Question: seeing that I need the 99 and 103 for HD, could I put up a dish with 2 LNBS to do the job? Thanks for reading the rant if you got this far....that's why I closed with - Murphy's Law.
So what's installed right now?

Exact receiver and dish.

And what are the satellite signals for each of the transponders.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sixto said:
So what's installed right now?

Exact receiver and dish.

And what are the satellite signals for each of the transponders.
I have a 3-LNB dish, receiving 101, 110 and 119 ...getting NFL tkt in SD only...wanting to know if I could put up dish w/2LNB's to get the 99 and 103 sats for HD...I only subscribe to the Sun tkt - don't use the rest of year.

·
12,225 Posts
disraeligear said:
I have a 3-LNB dish, receiving 101, 110 and 119 ...getting NFL tkt in SD only...wanting to know if I could put up dish w/2LNB's to get the 99 and 103 sats for HD...I only subscribe to the Sun tkt - don't use the rest of year.
Oh, thought he actually did change the Dish. Not good.

You need the 5-LNB Dish or the really new 3 Dish (99/101/103) which is probably not available there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.