DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Godfather
266 Posts
jdspencer said:
Have you checked the DirecTV web site?
After helping so many greedy whiners on DirecTV's FB page I can tell you your best bet is to call and ask for retention dept. Be polite and explain why you want a lower price and you might get it for $99 or at very least a free upgrade to the MAX package add-on.

· Godfather
266 Posts
trpph said:
The website is where I got the $199/$299 figure.
That's the sucker price. Do what I told you and you can get a much better deal most likely. ;)

· Legend
341 Posts
I got Sunday Ticket Max free when i joined DirecTV in May. It was included in the "Big Deal" package which ended the last day i joined. Like others have said, maybe you can get a discount or Max for free. I live in LA, which hasn't had a team since 1926........so football takes a back seat until something happens, ya hear that San Diego?

· Godfather
266 Posts
lipcrkr said:
I got Sunday Ticket Max free when i joined DirecTV in May. It was included in the "Big Deal" package which ended the last day i joined. Like others have said, maybe you can get a discount or Max for free. I live in LA, which hasn't had a team since 1926........so football takes a back seat until something happens, ya hear that San Diego?
It didn't end then. I got the same deal at the end of June. I got Sunday Ticket w/Max, free HR24 DVR, free Cinema Connection Kit, 3 months movie channels, 3 months HD Extra and free install and free shipping. It cost me absolutely nothing to switch back from DISH and I am saving $30/month over DISH for the first 12 months and $10 over them in the second 12 months. I will call after that and get some renewed deals.

· Hall Of Fame
1,753 Posts
lipcrkr said:
I live in LA, which hasn't had a team since 1926........
Despite the name, 1926's Los Angeles Buccaneers were really a traveling team without an actual home stadium -- they only ever played two exhibition games in L.A.

Is there a reason you're not counting the Rams (played in L.A. from 1946 to 1979) or the Raiders (played in L.A. from 1982 to 1994)? Or, for that matter, the Chargers (played in L.A. in 1960)?

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
Steve Robertson said:
I got it for 50.00 which includes the Max. To me that is all it is worth these days with all the good games already on national networks
Same here. I was able to secure Sunday Ticket MAX for $47.96. Great deal. Already paid in full and the season has not even begun. YEAH!!!

· Legend
341 Posts
trainman said:
Despite the name, 1926's Los Angeles Buccaneers were really a traveling team without an actual home stadium -- they only ever played two exhibition games in L.A.

Is there a reason you're not counting the Rams (played in L.A. from 1946 to 1979) or the Raiders (played in L.A. from 1982 to 1994)? Or, for that matter, the Chargers (played in L.A. in 1960)?
I was being sarcastic...LOL. By the way........LA does have a Pro team..........The USC Trojans!! Fight on!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.