DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All righty. I hope there's none worse than the Hyundai commercial. It may be that I just loathe group-singing in commercials (excepting the Coke ones). Intel: bleah. (In general, don't expect to see any this Bowl) But I can see where a foreign car company might want to show how really into that totally American phenom, the Super Bowl, they are. But for me, it falls way flat.

Maybe a category for most $ spent with least impact. So far, still in Q1, the Elton John-Pepsi commercial must have cost a fortune. Great costumes, lousy "story".

And is this the first time Chevy has actually mentioned Ford in their commercials (lots of previous knocking, but hadn't noticed them using the name)

· Hall Of Fame
1,678 Posts
And is this the first time Chevy has actually mentioned Ford in their commercials (lots of previous knocking, but hadn't noticed them using the name)[/QUOTE]

Ford asked them to pull the ad.NBC refused.There's a link on FOXNEWS.com but it leads to a story on the TSA telling vendors how to spot suspicious items.

15,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nick said:
'fraid I won't be around in 22012
I knew there'd be a least one smart-a** notation thereof.

You do realize that titles are not editable? At least not by us mortals. (Prolly Mods can, so feel free, Mods.....)

· Supreme Member
8,902 Posts
I liked the kid peeing in the pool. Reminds me of well...never mind. :D

Frankly, I'm tired of every other commercial featuring dogs. I love animals, but enough with the canine commercials.

15,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dpeters11 said:
Ok, I think my favorites were, in no particular order:
Cheetah
VW
M&M
Bulldog
Wego
I thought the extended CRV commercial was funnier

And I just wish GoDaddy would stop.
Amen! The Italian lady was again hot, but I've never felt close to that looking (or driving) any car...like the guy was supposedly entranced.....I don't remember the car, but I remember her!

· Hall Of Fame
15,556 Posts
I'm stunned. Assuming amusing isn't a requirement for best ad, for us far and away the best ad this year was Chrysler's "Halftime in America" featuring Clint Eastwood. For those who went to the bathroom and missed it (and I'm putting it back up as Chrysler put it on YouTube to be shared):

[YOUTUBEHD]vEM9dodyABo[/YOUTUBEHD]

As noted in this article:
For the second consecutive year, Chrysler made viewers fall silent with a gritty, gut-level ad celebrating Detroit -- and built around an icon not known for shilling for products.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.