DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I just signed up here to post my question - I have browsed the forums here and at satellite guys (member over there for a year or so) and came up with nothing. figured you guys might know about this issue and have already figured out a way around it

I d/l adobe AIR, flash 9, and everything worked fine week 1 with the stand alone program for supercast.

week 2 - I launched AIR and it asked if I wanted to update - I did - it started fine - I was streaming the pre game shows with no problem - around 12:45PM - it stopped streaming - I tried different channels with no luck - I closed the program - and tried to restart - nothing but log in errors (username password) and timed out error messages - it appears the system was slammed. I never got in to AIR - I finally got into the browser version @ 2:30PM or so.

now I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe AIR - Flash 9, etc. I cannot get it to work - the program launches into my task bar. I have windows vista premium - I can see the "preview" of the program running - I see it dislays a message do you want to update - but I cannot get the program to "launch" - when I click on it in the task bar - nothing happens.

you guys have any ideas on this? is it a vista issue? anyone read about this problem before? I'm lost on where to go on this issue. adobe and directv support sites leave something to be desired.

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just installed the program on my XP computer with no problems (although I can't stream games obviously this late)

so maybe this is a vista issue - anyone else with vista run into any problems??

· Godfather
364 Posts
cb35 :welcome_s

What I did after installing the update was restart the computer, waited a couple of minutes, & then restarted Supercast. Had no problems after I got in. I also have Vista Premium ;)

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can see the program running in the preview in the task bar - I can make out it wants me to click update program - I can't get it to launch out of the task bar though - its just running there - its driving me crazy!!!!!! I think its a vista permissions issue - I'm guessing - does Directv had a number you can call on supercast issues or a web site??? frustrating - I installed the program on my XP desktop with no problems

· Legend
212 Posts
cb35 said:
I can see the program running in the preview in the task bar - I can make out it wants me to click update program - I can't get it to launch out of the task bar though - its just running there - its driving me crazy!!!!!! I think its a vista permissions issue - I'm guessing - does Directv had a number you can call on supercast issues or a web site??? frustrating - I installed the program on my XP desktop with no problems
A while back rrrick8 experienced the same. In a thread posted elsewhere here is what he discovered:

Air Client Supercast won't expand from System tray.

Follow-up.

Finally figured it out. It was loading off the screen.
I clicked the "Show Desktop" icon in the Quick Launch toolbar and it popped up in the upper left corner.

For any others with this problem, if you right click the Program in the System Tray and "Move" is bold (as in an option), this is an indicator of the problem, and the solution is to hit the "Show Desktop" icon twice.

After you click on move then what do you do?

Look and see where the crosshairs of the cursor is. This indicates where your program is "hiding". Mine was all the way in the upper left corner.
I clicked the "Show Desktop" icon in the Quick Launch toolbar a couple of times and the Aircast program popped up.
It helped a few people (including myself) running both Vista & XP.

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm we are getting closer

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that had this issue. I followed his instructions - I still cannot get the program to launch. when I click move the cursor goes to the top left portion of the screen. I don't know how to "move" the program into view. The show desktop button doesn't work. When I click switch between windows - I can see the program fine but I cannot select it. I also see it in the taskbar when you hover over it. I have uninstalled and installed this program a bunch of times already - I have set the permissions that everyone can use it.

any chance you can link the thread?

· Legend
104 Posts
I was having problems too. I attributed it to DirecTV's servers getting pounded by traffic.

It was posted on several "deal" sites, that is all you had to do is download the client from DirecTV and enter in a fake email address and anyone could watch for free. It's a post that was viewed over 20,000 times on one website alone and 5,000+ on another. I can't imagine how many people actually used it to watch the games that didn't pay and how it affected those of us who do pay and wanted to use it.

Hopefully a fix is put in place this week.

· Legend
212 Posts
cb35 said:
hmmm we are getting closer

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that had this issue. I followed his instructions - I still cannot get the program to launch. when I click move the cursor goes to the top left portion of the screen. I don't know how to "move" the program into view. The show desktop button doesn't work. When I click switch between windows - I can see the program fine but I cannot select it. I also see it in the taskbar when you hover over it. I have uninstalled and installed this program a bunch of times already - I have set the permissions that everyone can use it.

any chance you can link the thread?
Unfortunately the thread is locked...but I copied pretty much all of it.

This is the only other suggestion in the thread:

try tapping alt then space then M and then any arrow key. The window should now be stuck to your mouse to be moved someplace on screen nicely.
FYI...my cursor was also in the upper left corner when my version was "stuck". i kept messing with all the suggestions and finally got it where it was supposed to be. And - it has nothing to do with Vista permissions.

8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
VegasDen said:
Unfortunately the thread is locked...but I copied pretty much all of it.

This is the only other suggestion in the thread:

try tapping alt then space then M and then any arrow key. The window should now be stuck to your mouse to be moved someplace on screen nicely.

FYI...my cursor was also in the upper left corner when my version was "stuck". i kept messing with all the suggestions and finally got it where it was supposed to be. And - it has nothing to do with Vista permissions.
The tap alt, then space then m - the arrow to the right - window appears out of nowhere - that was some mother f'in magic right there! Beers on me - hopefully all goes well week 3 - awesome! thanks everyone - I will post fix over @ sat guys as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.