DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I can't open Superfan this week. When I click on the icon, it tries to open it and nothing happens. If I look under processes in Task Manager, Superfan.exe appears to be running but I can't open the program.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled and am still having this problem.

It worked fine last week. Has anyone had this issue? Any suggestions?

Thank you.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,129 Posts
Yindao said:
For some reason I can't open Superfan this week. When I click on the icon, it tries to open it and nothing happens. If I look under processes in Task Manager, Superfan.exe appears to be running but I can't open the program.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled and am still having this problem.

It worked fine last week. Has anyone had this issue? Any suggestions?

Thank you.
You can use the one online. http://www.directv.com

·
Hall Of Fame
1,129 Posts
Yindao said:
The online one works fine.

I just prefer the one that I can use on my floating desktop.
For some reason on my mac it keeps telling me the user name or password is incorrect so I said forget it and just used the one online. I think Super Cast is just buggy this week,which is a shame but still 1000 times better than last year.

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brandon428 said:
For some reason on my mac it keeps telling me the user name or password is incorrect so I said forget it and just used the one online. I think Super Cast is just buggy this week,which is a shame but still 1000 times better than last year.
I wish I could even get to the login screen this week.

:)

The only other program that this happens with is google desktop. I've also tried to change my security settings (anti-virus/firewall off, etc.) and still getting the same issue.

·
Godfather
432 Posts
MartyS said:
Can someone tell me where to download the Supercast software?
Right in the middle of the page is the install now link.

http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=3260001

As far the OP, I opened the software at 12:30 EST, and as soon as the early games started, I had no problems watching, changing games, going full screen, etc. Then about 4:30 when the Saints game started on my TV, I logged off of Supercast. Shortly after, I realized that there was a game I wanted to keep an eye on, but when I went to get back on SC, it wouldn't even startup on my computer, I would select the icon, it would start to load, but automatically minimize on my desktop and I couldn't maximize it. After 5 attempts, I gave up.

·
AllStar
107 Posts
What I did was to set up a new user on my laptop without transferring the setting from the original user. When I logged on as the new user, Supercast worked. I was able to use it yesterday for the first time.

Obviously, there was something in the original user setup that blocked Supercast. I cannot figure that out. It was not the AVG virus or the firewall.

·
Legend
212 Posts
sacalait said:
Right in the middle of the page is the install now link.

http://directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPageNR.jsp?assetId=3260001

As far the OP, I opened the software at 12:30 EST, and as soon as the early games started, I had no problems watching, changing games, going full screen, etc. Then about 4:30 when the Saints game started on my TV, I logged off of Supercast. Shortly after, I realized that there was a game I wanted to keep an eye on, but when I went to get back on SC, it wouldn't even startup on my computer, I would select the icon, it would start to load, but automatically minimize on my desktop and I couldn't maximize it. After 5 attempts, I gave up.
You might try some of these suggestions

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.