DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone help me with my superdish 121 installation?

I have tried it already at my home and also at my friend's place. It's the bloody damn same issue at both places. I am gettting 119W signal on the outermost 110 LNB. The signal strength is about 100 - 110. But I want to get 110 signal on it and not 119. I have been trying it every weekend during the day but still .. nothing.
How do I achive 110 signal here? Please do give me some pointers here. :confused: :confused:

I guess it's needles to say I am not getting any channels on 121 and 110. I have made sure the pole is perfectly vertical and the top cut of the pole is also perfectly horizontal. I am using the roof mount mast at my place and a 2" pole mount at my friend's. I have used the analog satellite finder and the dish network receiver also to detect the signal.

PLEASE HELP!!!:bang :bang :bang

· Hall Of Fame
4,010 Posts
Swing the dish a little bit east. You are pointed about 9 degrees too far west. You may have to adjust the elevation up a little also.

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim5506 said:
Swing the dish a little bit east. You are pointed about 9 degrees too far west. You may have to adjust the elevation up a little also.
The 121W A/E/S for my location are 213/47/124 and I have pretty much set the same. I find the satellite analog finder pretty much useless here are I guess the spacing is so close that the meter might show a singal over a range. Do you think I should rely on the DN Pro receiver to make sure I am getting 110W signal? It's so easy to get 119W but somehow even thought the 110W is supposedly a strong signal ... it's tough to get it. I have followed the procedure described in the superdish installation manual also .. but still. Anyways.. I will play with the elevation and azimuth again tomorrow. Thanks.. any other suggestions are very much welcome.

· Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
True, not Magnetic values:

Latitude: 30.2713°N
Longitude: 97.7426°W

Satellite: 109.9°W
Azimuth: 203.1°
Elevation: 52.3°

Satellite: 119.3°W
Azimuth: 218.1°
Elevation: 47.6°

so there is a 15º swing from 110 to 119 sats. Yes, you probably should be using the receiver to identify which satellite you are getting. It makes a big difference what Transponder you are using to locate 110. If you pick a spotbeam Tr that isn't in your area, you'll never see the receiver pickup anything. Your Superdish Az/El should be an average of the values for the satellite locations. Your elevation should be close to 50º to see both 110 and 119 with the skew giving a higher elevation for 110 and lower elevation for 119 (and 121).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.