DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the HR10-250 with very good reception and the 6.3a software which has resolved my audio dropouts. Have been thinking of buying the new HR20, but wondering if there is anyone out there who DOES NOT HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE HR20?

Let's hear from users who have NO Complaints about the HR20 if any exist!!!:confused:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Skyhawk22 said:
I have the HR10-250 with very good reception and the 6.3a software which has resolved my audio dropouts. Have been thinking of buying the new HR20, but wondering if there is anyone out there who DOES NOT HAVE A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE HR20?

Let's hear from users who have NO Complaints about the HR20 if any exist!!!:confused:
Skyhawk..

Depending on where you are in Chicago..
If you want to come and give it a spin......

Just let me know.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Skyhawk22 said:
You won't find any. Everyone has a complaint, some minor and some major. I am in the minor category. Been some ups and downs, but since the last update I have been quite pleased. Glance through the issue thread for the current release to get an idea of the kinds of problems you may experience and take it from there.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
Skyhawk22 said:

I to am in the Chicago area and have no complaints at all. I am an Electrical Engineer. I have rung out the HR-20 to learn it's capabillities.

I have never had a problem.

That is the dynamic of a forum like this. If you are having a problem you may come here complaining loudly. If you are happy, you are probably watching your TV.

We have watched on this site that once their problems are corrected, many just drop away and are never heard from again.

Somewhere in the middle is a small minority of people who are happy and trying to help others.

Take care,

Craig

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for your replies. I think I'm going to stay with my HR10 for the present. The upgrade to the 6.3a software has smoothed out the few kinks in the unit and I still have 90+ days to go on my extended waranty from CompUSA. After that expires I may take the leap.

Sky

PS; Earl I live in the Lincoln Park area of the city. A long hop away frem Tinley. Thanks for the invite.

·
Godfather
336 Posts
I do not want to Jinx myself but . . I have had 0 issues since the last update. There is the occasional audio sync issues but usually if I just pause the unit and wait 3 secs and hit play that fixes the sync issue. You know when I get home from the gym tonight my HR20 will be on fire or something terrible will be going on :)

·
Legend
136 Posts
Skyhawk22 said:

I just have a few minor complaints, a few missed recordings but now I just double check my to to do list and if it has been deleted I select it again.

So far I love the HR20. This is my first DVR before I just had a VCR and of course this HD DVR blows that away.

This system can only get better IMO. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
No missed or unplayable recordings.

About once a week it has totally locked up and required resetting, but that hasn't happened since the last update.

And it really is not an issue, just reboot and go. No complaints.

·
Legend
176 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
I can proxy for 14 users with no complaints. NONE.
You're just not trying hard enough.:D

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Skyhawk22 said:

I was hesitant to get the HR20 because of all of the issues that this forum has addressed. That being said, I am pretty happy with it. Especially since the last update. I still have the occasional screen freeze and picture breakup (which only happens on the local NBC channel), but once I learned the DVR features, it has been smooth sailing.

I think that it's NBC itself thats causing the freeze problem. I live in the Tampa,FL area, but I've heard others from different regions say the same thing about their NBC channel.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
joejhawk said:
You're just not trying hard enough.:D
:lol: :lol: :lol:

With over 400 hours of scheduled and on-demand recordings and playbacks among us, we've had plenty of opportunity....so far, no complaints. Obviously everyone is awaiting OTA support, but that's not a complaint, and our wait is short term.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Since the latest update... no complaints at all. Totally stellar performance. Really only minor issues before that. Yeah, I'll admit to a couple of annoyances, but that's all they are, just annoyances. A lot of the problems I've seen have actually been due to the broadcasters themselves. I have an OTA antenna and if I'm having problems with picture or sound quality, I change to the OTA and most likely, see them there too.

Is this box perfect? Does it satisfy my every need? Hardly. But it does a lot very well, better than Tivo (and I'm surprised to say that). It's going to improve, too, unless D* plans on going out of business. I've heard a lot of people say that this box is their bread and butter for the next 12 months.

·
AllStar
59 Posts
I'm happy with my HR20 as well. The unit works really well for me. There certainly was a learning curve coming from TV, but now that I have the unit figured out, I'm very happy.

The updates are pretty frequent, so this box keeps getting better and better. I can't wait for some of the future features to be activated (OTA, streaming media, etc.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.