DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the first annual DBSTalk Survivor Contest! Here are the rules:

1. On Friday morning following the Survivor Episode on Thursday night, a poll will be posted at the top of the Programming Forum, asking who will be voted out next. Vote for who you think it will be.

2. The poll will close at 6pm ET the following Thursday, at which point the votes will be tabulated. VB will tell us who voted for each contestant.

3. At the end of Survivor (6 episodes from now) the person that voted correctly the most times will win a DVD of your choice (value not to exceed $30). If we end up with a tie at the end, the winner will be chosen by a random drawing.

4. We will post weekly standings as the contest progresses. All decisions of the Admin staff are final and binding. VB will not allow you to vote in each poll more than once, and to vote in the poll, you must be a registered user of DBSTalk. DBSTalk Admins and Moderators are not elligible to win (although I at least will also be playing along).

Any questions, post them in this thread, and let the games begin!

·
Icon
715 Posts
Years ago (late 80's) on the I think just starting syndication version, Wheel of Fortune did something like this on their show. If you know the puzzle then call in to your local station and win a prize. 1st so many to call and guess correctly won. As soon as the puzzle appeared and Vanna had to actually work for a living :), people were calling TV stations right away to win. How? Problem is that c-band owners could watch the show a week of ahead of time when the show was fed from the studios to the stations. Next year WOF had a similar contest, c-band owners weren't allowed to play that year (how to confirm that was not necessarily known as I didn't call then to risk that), but I had friends call and win all sorts of prizes :). Stations would ask if you owned a c-band system and they would say no. I guess there was some kind of a double-check by visual or just going on your word, but lots of my friends won.

Just be careful when doing constests like this one as some people can watch the shows ahead of time. Survivor from what I can find on my limited c-band access now is not fed analog days before the show hits the air, so you should be okay. Earliest I can watch it is 5pm PT on WCBS.

Here come the nasty grams from the c-band owners out there :lol:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.