DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· AllStar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was not impressed with the over all HD picture quality of Survivor. Very disappointing after all the hype of Survivor being in HD. Only benefit was it was in wide screen. What did you all think?

· 622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,883 Posts
I actually thought the PQ was pretty good but not great. Watched in via my OTA stream. As for the group of people.. Well it is early but I don't like the mix. The picking made no sense to me and the how they decided on booting the first person was a joke and the fact that they considered booting Dan on the next one just goes to show that they don't have a clue how to play the game.

· AllStar
79 Posts
Quality was OK here too... not great (as you say) but a considerable improvement over previous seasons. I watched via OTA too with some occasional audio/video glitches (kinda normal for our local CBS station). As for the cast this season... doesn't seem to be anything of interest there. It may be a l-o-n-g season.

· Registered
15,592 Posts
To me it appeared to be shot at 24fps, to me that made it look more like it was shot on film then video. It just didn't have the 'POP' that I was expecting, it was OK but not great IMHO.

· AllStar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TomH said:
I thought it was amazing. The scenery shots were great. Maybe your station did something to it?
That's what I was wondering. It did look more like a 'film' than video. Still looked nice but not at all what I was expecting.
The red team definitely does not know anything about the game they are really annoying.

· Hall Of Fame
2,208 Posts
the first person was a joke should have been the old lady first. Didnt like her from the start.

· Godfather
479 Posts
I couldn't believe they kicked Machielle after ow she charged the hill. The old lady was a joke. The whole elephant dung part was pretty funny though. I can't wait to watch more. HD was great. The picture was good. it isn't going to be great with all the cameras they need for the show etc.

· AllStar
48 Posts
I fell asleep watching it in bed on SD but was recording it in living room in HD. Was going to pick up this morning where I left off last night, but LOVED it so much watched whole thing in HD. Sure liked "watching" Michelle. To bad we won't be able to any more.

· Legend
104 Posts
The sound was not in 5.1 for me. My receiver did not indicate a DD feed.

· Hall Of Fame
3,136 Posts
One thing that hurst the apparent PQ is that even though it was not really HD before, Survivor had some of the best PQ of any standard def show I've ever seen. It looked about as good as a non-HD show could. Almost like the center part they showed HD lite or something. I guess with an all digiatal production chain, it helped.

It looked to me like they must have done another surprise start as some people were not wearing what I would consider to be jungle clothes.

Some pretty stupid players this time also, but hopefully they start to get it together. Usually when one tribe dominates, they will start to lose at some point and then the fireworks really start as they never had to pick anyone off.

· Icon
324 Posts
Goldlexus said:
I was not impressed with the over all HD picture quality of Survivor. Very disappointing after all the hype of Survivor being in HD. Only benefit was it was in wide screen. What did you all think?
yeah
i think that was the only benefit

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.