DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to order new direct service and I want to get the hr34 and 3 H24s. I already got the price it will cost me $208 including tax .
I just want to make sure that I will be able watch 4 live programs while recording 4 programs at the same time with no issues. OTA is not an option or ever will be so don't go there. Satellite only.
Is this the right equipment to do so?

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Davenlr said:
Yes, watch 4 on the HR34,H24,H24,H24, and record 4 more at the same time on the HR34.
great,that's what I was hoping for. They keep trying to sell me on 1 Hr24 and 3 H24 but you can't record 4 at once. OK so I'm going with the Home media receiver then, thanks

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dpeters11 said:
Yeah, I put Rs in that list :)
But that's all I need,that would be like having 4 HD dvrs correct?

· Geek til I die
9,822 Posts
damondlt said:
Be like having 2 HD DVRS and with a tuner to spare, since the H24's cannot record (but can start a recording on a free tuner on the HR34). They can view live tv, and watch shows already or in the process of being recorded, on the HR34

· 1*
9,917 Posts
"damondlt" said:
Yes and no. You will 8 tuners, but can only record on 5 of them.

- Merg

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Merg said:
Yes and no. You will 8 tuners, but can only record on 5 of them.

- Merg
Thats ok I only want to be able to record 4 things while watching 4 live tv at the same time and it can do this right?

With the HR34, H24,H24,H24 setup?

· Icon
1,291 Posts
Each of the H24's has its own single tuner, so you can always watch live tv on the set connected to it. Or, via the home network, it can also watch a recorded show off the HR34.

The HR34 has 5 tuners, allowing it to record 4 different channels, and still have one tuner left to view an additional separate channel live.

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well its complete!
  • I went with the HR34 HMC ,1 HD DVR , 1 HD, and 1 SD
  • The Directv Cinema Kit.
  • 3 Months of ,HBO,Cinemax,Starz,Showtime.
  • $10 Credit for 10 months refer a friend
  • $10 Credit for 24 months Auto pay
  • $10 Credit for 24 months HD access
  • $30 Credit for 12 months Rebate
  • $300 Credit for HMC
  • And Free NFL ST for the 2012 season.
Upfront cost was $210 I didn't Qualify for 3 free H2*'s I only Got 1 for free, the other 2 were $49 a piece. And HMC was $99 Still not bad!

I went with the Premier pack for now.

They are installing Sunday morning! Can't wait!:)

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Also thanks guys for Answering my questions

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damondlt said:
Well its complete!
  • I went with the HR34 HMC ,1 HD DVR , 1 HD, and 1 SD
  • The Directv Cinema Kit.
  • 3 Months of ,HBO,Cinemax,Starz,Showtime.
  • $10 Credit for 10 months refer a friend
  • $10 Credit for 24 months Auto pay
  • $10 Credit for 24 months HD access
  • $30 Credit for 12 months Rebate
  • $300 Credit for HMC
  • And Free NFL ST for the 2012 season.
Upfront cost was $210 I didn't Qualify for 3 free H2*'s I only Got 1 for free, the other 2 were $49 a piece. And HMC was $99 Still not bad!

I went with the Premier pack for now.

They are installing Sunday morning! Can't wait!:)
OK I changed my order because with futher research, and "RAD'S" Help and information. I come to realize I can't pause or rewind live tv on any of the H receivers even though they are connected to the HMC and Whole home system. So I switch my order to :
HR34, hopefully HR24, H24 and D12. Not doing MRV on the 4th room anyway, so its fine that its SD instead of HD.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
Right, for that you need RVU which is on some Samsung sets. Hopefully that will get expanded. One downside of having DVRs is you can't set something to record to a different DVR from a DVR, only from a regular receiver.

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dpeters11 said:
Right, for that you need RVU which is on some Samsung sets. Hopefully that will get expanded. One downside of having DVRs is you can't set something to record to a different DVR from a DVR, only from a regular receiver.
So now your telling me my HR24, can't record or watch a movie from the HR34?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.