DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just upgraded from a 508 to a 622. I notice that when I switch channels, either on the primary or secondary TV, there is a 3-5 second delay. Disk support says this is to be expected, but it seems very annoying to me. Do you see this delay when you switch channels?

Thanks,

Allan Marcus

·
AllStar
91 Posts
Are you typing in the channel number, selecting it from the guide, or using the channel up/down buttons?

I've noticed that using channel up/down button seems to slow it down. i usually find what I want in the guide and then select it, seems faster to me.

·
622 Tips & Trick Keeper
9,880 Posts
Well being that this is a HD dual tuner box that is writing a lot more to the buffer it might take longer to change. Not sure if it is 3 to 5 seconds. Are you talking OTA or Dish Sat channels. If you are talking OTA, I would suspect that your 622 OTA tuner is having a harder time locking in. For me, I personally don't notice a huge difference...

As suggested by mdewitt. I also use the guide more than channel changing and don't feel any pain. I do on occasional change channels and for me it take a few seconds.. Never actually timed it because i did not find it that annoying.

What you describe might be a "Works as designed" or as I said.. If this is OTA related it could be lock on problem.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
The ch up & dwn button is slow because it will not only be changing the channel but is changing the transponder and sometimes the satellite.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
whatchel1 said:
The ch up & dwn button is slow because it will not only be changing the channel but is changing the transponder and sometimes the satellite.
That exact same thing happens no matter how you change the channel. Using Up/Down isn't something I do, but I see a 4-5 second delay until audio and video is present once I stop doing up/down. The only delay I see using Up/Down comes from having to press the button multiple times.

People will see different times to change channels depending on DishPro / Legacy switches. A SW21 cascading a Legacy Twin and Legacy side dish can take 2 seconds just to send the commands to change satellites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.