DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· AllStar
56 Posts
You CAN cancel a premium channel on line. Follow these steps:

Log onto your D* account online.
From the "My Setup" drop down menu, select "Current Setup".
The premium channels appear down the screen, and you will see a very small gray "remove" box. Click the box.
A splash screen will ask you if you'd like to exchange that channel with something else - at the bottom right hand corner you'll see a button saying, "no thanks, please remove". click that button.

I've switched premiums many times like this.

· Legend
201 Posts
badhabit2112 said:
You CAN cancel a premium channel on line. Follow these steps:

Log onto your D* account online.
From the "My Setup" drop down menu, select "Current Setup".
The premium channels appear down the screen, and you will see a very small gray "remove" box. Click the box.
A splash screen will ask you if you'd like to exchange that channel with something else - at the bottom right hand corner you'll see a button saying, "no thanks, please remove". click that button.

I've switched premiums many times like this.
Ditto to what badhabit 2112 said.

You have to have one of the premiums (doesn't matter which one/combination) for at least 30 days before they'll let you switch online.

· Whatever
1,565 Posts
dcowboy7 said:
So far we have answers of:

a) yes
b) no
c) only if u had a premium 30 days
d) if grandfathered package u cant add premium
e) not as of now

anyone wanna add more to the mix ?
only between 2am and 3am (pacific time of course) on the third Thursday after the second full moon in july but only in even numbered years.

· Legend
117 Posts
I had to call thursday to cancel HBO. The website wouldn't let me cancel. They wanted to tell me how good of a deal it was at 50 cents a day. The only shows I watch on HBO are gone for the time being so I'll save my 50 cents.

· Hall Of Fame
1,815 Posts
I never used the capability but the "old" DirecTV (pre-2004, pre-Murdoch) let you add and cancel services self-service style on the web.

Hmmmm - i just logged on to see and I find out that I cannot remove On Demand (not that I want to) or my anniversary free Showtime, but I can remove the HD Extra Pack. I wonder why they let you remove the extra pack but not the other.

I might would consider adding the Sports Pack if i knew I could easily remove it myself if I wanted to.

· Godfather
276 Posts
They changed it for 2 reasons:
1) so they can try and talk you out of it.​
2) calling to cancel is harder so you just might not do it.​

nitty316 said:
They changed their policy. I used to be able to add and remove channels all the time, now when I click remove it tells me to call DirecTV. Not sure why they changed it, maybe certain people can do it and others can't.

· Legend
212 Posts
Yep. You used to be able to do it but now you have to call.

If you do cancel, keep an eye on your bill. HBO was the last premium I was subscribed to (had it for a year and canceled all the others over the same period), and I called and canceled it a couple weeks ago. Then my bill arrived and they charged me $10 for canceling it...which they obviously shouldn't have. Shot them an email and they credited my account for the $10 the same day, but looks like they were trying to pull a fast one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.