DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Legend
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that Dexter is done for the season, it seems a good time to switch to HBO/Cinemax and catch some of the programming on that network. Any insight on deals or advice on the switch? I was planning to call and have them cancel Showtime/TMC first and then ask about HBO deals. I'll likely cancel the HD Extras too, as we don't seem to use those channels at all.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,417 Posts
David Ortiz said:
When I looked online yesterday, HBO and Cinemax were available for $15.99. (basically Cinemax was free with HBO.) I'm not sure how many months that deal is good for.
Wonder if that would be any good for existing HBO customers. Have to check it out, thanks.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,758 Posts
"KenW" said:
I'll likely cancel the HD Extras too, as we don't seem to use those channels at all.
You could get the HD Extra pack for FREE for 3 months. Either online or calling in.

·
Legend
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
David Ortiz said:
When I looked online yesterday, HBO and Cinemax were available for $15.99. (basically Cinemax was free with HBO.) I'm not sure how many months that deal is good for.
Offer ends 12/31/2011, and it's good for 3 months.

·
Godfather
417 Posts
The 2 for 1 offer online is not available for current HBO or Cinemax subscribers. You could try calling, and perhaps a CSR would honor the offer.

I ordered it a couple days ago, but they are having problems with crediting the Cinemax $11.01 discount. I was charged the full $27.00 rate. Direct said the $11.01 credit would be given within 10 days.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
You're right, it isn't available for current subs, but when I dropped Premiere, it showed up the next day on my account.

So I got it.

And yes, there have been reports that D*'s accounting department is having issues (yet again) applying the proper credits at the moment.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,226 Posts
KenW said:
Now that Dexter is done for the season, it seems a good time to switch to HBO/Cinemax and catch some of the programming on that network. Any insight on deals or advice on the switch? I was planning to call and have them cancel Showtime/TMC first and then ask about HBO deals. I'll likely cancel the HD Extras too, as we don't seem to use those channels at all.
Showtime has some awful movies? I wished they would get some better movies. I would like FLIX HD.

·
Legend
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I made the switch yesterday. I did some research on programming too. I see I can upgrade from Xtra to Ultimate and get TMC and Encore for $5/mo. Once the promotion for Cinemax ends, I can cancel Starz, upgrade my package, and still have a good set of Premium channels from all three major services.

·
Icon
896 Posts
I'm a long-time customer, the best HBO deal I was able to get was $5 off for 3 months. Not as good as usual, hopefully you can do better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.