DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be picking up my new HDTV Friday and will be switching to HD on E*. I have a 4900 rec. now on my main tv and a 3900 on my bedroom tv. I will only be changing the 4900 to HD and keeping my 3900 in my bedroom on sd. What kind of pricing do I need to expect when making the switch to 211 rec. I know the package I choose will be 20.00 more when I add the HD, but what will it cost to get the new 211 and new dish. Thanks for any help.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
DishBuilder on the DISH website is only for new (and certain returning) subscribers. If you login to My Account at the DISH website, there is an Equipment link that will show you the price for an existing customer. Not all customers will see the same thing so you need to check for yourself. You can also phone and ask if that appeals to you. The price listed there includes any new dish, switch, LNB replacement, cable, labor, ... to get you going. After I login, clicking to get DISH'n It Up takes me to https://customersupport.dishnetwork.com/customercare/equipment/processEquipmentUpgrades.do says an HD Receiver (1 Room) is $49 in both Shipped or Installed column. Installed column heading says:

INSTALLED
Add standard professional installation for FREE

fine print at the bottom says
All HD receivers may require standard professional installation.

In addition to the $20 to jump from ATxxx to HD Metalxxx, you would add another $1/month. The ViP receivers lease for $6/month and you would deduct a $5/month Additional Receiver fee.

Personally, I'd replace the 3900 and move the 4900 to where the 3900 was. You are way more familiar with the receivers than I am, but I'm very used to UHF remotes and the 4900 has several things not found on the 3900.

You might see different pricing, but I see $49 up front, plus another $21/month. Remember that you do qualify as a first time DishHD sub that gets you $10/month for 10 months if you fill out the rebate paperwork, send a copy of your first bill with DishHD, and wait for the $10 credits to start appearing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.