DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got the SWM-16, I was upgrading from a SWM-8. I had the two legacy ports off of the SWM-8 going to an OLD TiVo. I have tried hooking up two of the legacy ports from the SWM-16 to the TiVo and cannot get some of my local channels. I can get CW but not the big 4. (I am in the Atlanta market)

When I go through the satellite setip, I select Oval 3LNB and it can see signals from 101, 119 & 110. But when it goes through the next step, it says that it cannot detect 119 & 110.

Do I have bad legacy ports? Have my locals moved? Any other things to try?

Thanks!

· Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
No, somewhere along the line one of your newer boxes (H*2*) said to the SWM/LNB that they only need to look at the "big" three sats: 99, 101, 103

Go back in your setup of one of the newer receivers and tell it that it needs the LNB5, not LNB3.

This is all assuming you have the three separate horns on your dish, the center horn has 3 in it while the other 2 are looking at the 110, 119.

· AllStar
65 Posts
isnt altanta georgia locals coming from sat 101? if so he doesnt need sat 119. 110 is down anyway so doesnt matter

· Hall Of Fame
8,058 Posts
Switching the TIVO to a single 101 dish in the settings may indeed work, but still assuming the TS has an SL-5 connected to the SWiM-16, something is amiss since the legacy ports should support 101, 110, and 119.

I've had old SD TIVOs hooked to my -16's legacy ports at various times, and all have worked just fine using the triple sat. option in the setup.

· AllStar
70 Posts
robn77 said:
When I got the SWM-16, I was upgrading from a SWM-8. I had the two legacy ports off of the SWM-8 going to an OLD TiVo. I have tried hooking up two of the legacy ports from the SWM-16 to the TiVo and cannot get some of my local channels. I can get CW but not the big 4. (I am in the Atlanta market)

When I go through the satellite setip, I select Oval 3LNB and it can see signals from 101, 119 & 110. But when it goes through the next step, it says that it cannot detect 119 & 110.

Do I have bad legacy ports? Have my locals moved? Any other things to try?

Thanks!
Are you by chance still using a version of software other than 6.4 or 6.4a on the Old Tivo? Your symptoms were just like mine until I upgraded mine.

If so you have probably not had a reboot or power outage on the old unit in quite some time and with the changes to the guide data units other than 6.4's will NOT show the big 4 local networks.

If so your only hope of getting the locals back would be with a upgrade to 6.4a. You can check for threads pertaining to this in several websites.

· Mentor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Before I switched to the SWM-16 I was able to record from the big 4 and I can still see the channels in the guide now, it is just when i tune to them I get a blank screen.

The SW version of the TIVO is 6.4a

I had the dish setup as Round in the beginning, then switched it to Oval LNB3 when I first saw that I was unable to see the locals. I will switch it back to Round and restart the setup. Then I will try different Legacy Outputs.

Where do I find out which transponder the SD versions of the Big 4 are on for the ATL network.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.