DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Mentor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a condo building that's just had the MFH-1 system upgraded to MFH-2. I have (2) HR20-700s that are both connected to the SWM and for the most part, working perfectly. Here's the problem:

On a fairly regular basis (almost every morning, from at least 6-8am), my local HD channels (Seattle) won't come in. I'll see a black screen, or a highly pixelated screen with no audio, and nothing really changing. Every other channel, SD, HD MPEG2, HD MPEG4, comes in just fine. SD versions of the locals come in just fine. But all 5 HD locals (4,5,7,13,22) exhibit the same issue. I believe it affects both tuners, and it definitely affects both DVRs. It seems to clear itself up and the rest of the day just works fine.

The local techs have been inspecting the system and they say all appears to be fine. Signal strengths across the SWM and all sats look OK, the only thing I'm not 100% of are which spot beams I should be getting (and which my locals are on).

Both HR20's have firmware 0x254, and SWM firmware 1.0.8 and SWM library 1.0.0. Is this any kind of 'known issue'? Any tips on where to look to track this down? Or next time it happens, how to try and troubleshoot? Any help would be appreciated!

·
Mentor
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, seems like there's no definitive answer here so far. Is it likely to be a software issue?

I think the signal strength is OK, but I don't know which transponder/sat the Seattle HD locals are coming in on so I can't be sure.

Also, the system operator has hooked up a DVR directly to the SWM in one of the comm closets and their recordings of the same channels during the same time periods don't exhibit the issue.

The only differences between me and that setup is more cable, a splitter, and my HR20's vs their HR21. I can't imagine it's purely a cable thing as if it is, it should affect more than just my HD locals, right?

Anyone have any other diagnostic tips?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.