DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got the receiver replaced that didn't like the SWM, and just hooked everything back up, but it's not working. This is the setup:

SWMLine to 4 way splitter. With the SWM meter, ALL LEDs light up, including LF. From the splitter it goes to a D12, which refuses to see any signal. With the SWM meter, all LEDs light up except LF.
Back to the first splitter, this also goes upstairs, into the power suppy, and then into another splitter, which feeds 3 HR20s. No LF up there either, and all 3 of the HR20s refuse to see any signal.
I've had this working fine before, with the exact same cables, but had to disconnect it because one of my HR20's didn't like the SWM. So everything's EXACTLY the way it was before, but I ca'nt get LF beyond the first splitter. Any ideas?

· Lifetime Achiever
10,820 Posts
As for the problem. You say you are using a 4 way splitter on the line from the dish but you are only running 2 lines from it, correct? If so I believe the other 2 outputs need to be terminated but please let someone else confirm that before doing so (I don't remember for sure).

Also when making any changes to the setup did you unplug the receivers first? If not try unplugging everything, then plug the PI in and wait a few seconds and then start plugging the receivers back in.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
The "lf" on the signal meter is I beliee "low freq". I worked with that with VOS for a while. What spliters are you using. To be clear. No "lf" doesn't me the IRD doesn't work. My HR21 works fine with out "LF". Where's the PI. Post more information so we can try to help. Also if you are only using 2 ports of the 4 way splitter. You should terminate the other two.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
kturcotte said:
Yes, but this is the LNB with the built in SWM, not the regular SWM unit.
Ok sio the setuo is weird. I have the SWMLine also. Try this setup

Dish > Splitter (skyywalker 4-way) > PI > IRD, then on the second port of the splitter go the IRD again. Get rid of the second splitter unless it is absolutly necessary. I tried that, and it degrades he signal a little. Now thw PI should be on the power passing leg, but on the skyywlker I believe it is diode driven. Therfore it can be on any leg. If that is not correct use the "power passing leg" for the PI. That is important. What software is this reciever running?

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
kturcotte said:
Also, where can I find some good 3 Ghz terminators?
Skywalker should be fine [I'm using both a 2 & 4-way] with the SWMline.
"Any" 75 Ohm termination will work since they are nothing more than a resistor.
As others have posted, your no LF means you don't have the 2.3 MHz comm signal. "Why" will need some troubleshooting. Start with the simplest setup: Dish -> PI and check the output. Next add to this [one part at a time] until you "lose" the LF.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.