DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Mentor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the SWM thread the other day with no response. Just posting here for more visibility. This is fairly important in my opinion since in October all new KAKU installs will get the SWM LNB.

SWM LNB question...

Haven't found an answer to this one yet. I know that when the SWM LNB is shipped from the factory it is in a diagnostic mode to allow it to be peaked/aligned. The LNB exits this mode when a receiver is connected. Does anyone know how to restore the LNB to the diagnostic mode? This would be needed to be able to re-align the dish. No sense in having one time use LNB's, so there has to be a way...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,780 Posts
SWM and SWMline lnbs reset and can be aligned every time they are powered down and power reapplied.
No biggey!
Just unplug and restart.

Doctor j

·
Mentor
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
doctor j said:
SWM and SWMline lnbs reset and can be aligned every time they are powered down and power reapplied.
No biggey!
Just unplug and restart.

Doctor j
That is what I was guessing, but had never found any documentation supporting this for sure. Good to know!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.