DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wood Data storage device Musical instrument accessory Guitar accessory Material property

Audio equipment Camera accessory Gas Cable Font

Font Gas Fixture Transparency Rectangle

Finger Gadget Electronic device Gas Auto part

Font Measuring instrument Machine Audio equipment Electronic instrument

Automotive lighting Font Gas Circle Electric blue

Gentlemen,

This is the equipment I have minus cable of course. I'm just trying to get one of my 2 recievers to work and all I get is error 771A. Am I missing needed equipment? If so what? I've tried hooking both boxes up everyway I can think of. If possible walk me through install please

Attachments

· Legend
234 Posts
"agreen39" said:
Gentlemen,

This is the equipment I have minus cable of course. I'm just trying to get one of my 2 recievers to work and all I get is error 771A. Am I missing needed equipment? If so what? I've tried hooking both boxes up everyway I can think of. If possible walk me through install please
If the power inserter is before the splitter, the swm side goes to the dish and the ird side goes to the in of the splitter.

If the splitter is first, the swm side goes to the red out port on the splitter.

If you draw a diagram of how you have everything set up, it would ease us in helping you.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
agreen39 said:
No. I don't have any terminators. Do you have to to make it work. Where can I get some?
You can see what one looks like on the splitter posted.
You should be able to find them locally at radio shack [ugh] or Lowes, Home depot, etc.
There isn't anything fancy about them as they're simply a 75 ohm resistor.

· MRVing
3,781 Posts
I see pics of one HD DVR and one HD receiver but just one in the drawing?

You don't need the splitter if you're only using one DVR/receiver.

If you're going to use a splitter for an additional TV then you'll need a green-labeled splitter for proper Multi-Room Viewing.

I've got extra green labeled splitters and terminators you can have if you get up to the city, or I'll be down in Norman to see the kiddo on Thursday or so.

edit - Is that a portable dish? Setting it up in a dorm room window or something?

· Hall Of Fame
10,062 Posts
If the terminator does not solve your problem,

Try turning off the receiver, unplug the power to it, wait 2 minutes.
make sure the power inserter has power and the green light is on.
Now plug the power back into the receiver.

7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have two recievers I'm just trying to get one to work don't care which. I recently moved to city for a job and I'm staying at my aunts extra house while i house search and don't wanna pay directv two times to actually move once and I wanna watch football. my dish is on a mobile stand. So is my wiring actually correct for one tv? or what do I need to do different?

· MRVing
3,781 Posts
Okay then get rid of the splitter for now.
Make sure that you have the correct dish/LNB on the setup screen.
Of course you'll need good RG6 cables to carry the DC power to the dish from the Power Inserter.
Have you aimed a DirecTV dish before? It's gotta be precise, especially for the HD satellites.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.